Discourage or encorage - *RECEIVED* Yuin PK3 [UPDATE!]
Apr 21, 2009 at 10:06 PM Thread Starter Post #1 of 23

iforget

New Head-Fier
EDIT: RECEIVED!

Received today 4/24 after ordering LATE 4/21!
Best I can say at the moment is that they have a "fuller" sound than my JVCs, at 4 times the MSRP and 10 times the new, no-packaging eBay price
biggrin.gif

Will try to do something proper later!

THANKS GUYS!

^^That should say "BABY Head-Fi'er"^^

Hello,

Currently rocking some MSRP ~$10 JVC Gumy earbuds.

Interested in:
Head-Direct.com | YUIN

But I would take anything around the same price, IEM or earbud.

So, you say yes, I say no, you say stop and I say go go go, oh no.... Anyways what do ya think?

PS: Yep, I'm a huge noob
smily_headphones1.gif

PPS: Yep, I'm also a huge cheapo, with a 16GB *gasp* APPLE iPod Touch 2g. Uhg, right, Apple haters?
biggrin.gif

Edit: Seeing the default smiley having headphones made my day.

EDIT:
Wow, thanks!

1 - Is the cord straight or right angle or what?
2 - Do they need to have those foamy covers on them in order to wear them comfortably? [I really don't like them as they can get lost really easily, right? Should I buy replacements beforehand?]
3 - Are they safe for putting in a pocket?

You guys are the best!

Edit: You all sold me! Purchased and awaiting. I'll try to venture back and add to this once I've tested them out. I plan to use a splitter and have 1 JVC in and 1 YUIN in at the same time and see if I can tell anything that way
biggrin.gif
Maybe not scientific or ideal but oh well!

Apr 21, 2009 at 10:38 PM Post #4 of 23
Search around: the Yuin PK3 is a fantastic value; I'm actually listening through it right now as I type this.
biggrin.gif

Apr 21, 2009 at 11:49 PM Post #6 of 23
PK3 are very good.

Apr 22, 2009 at 1:57 AM Post #8 of 23
Wow, thanks!

1 - Is the cord straight or right angle or what?
2 - Do they need to have those foamy covers on them in order to wear them comfortably? [I really don't like them as they can get lost really easily, right? Should I buy replacements beforehand?]
3 - Are they safe for putting in a pocket?

You guys are the best!

Apr 22, 2009 at 2:02 AM Post #9 of 23
1. cord is straight

2. comes with donut pads and full pads.. you can get replacements at radioshack or ebay, theyre pretty much just generic pads

3. yeah theyre durable enough to stuff in your pocket

4. you wont regret it, i'm still wow'd everytime i put them on.. would have gladly paid more than $39, it'll be a world of difference from your jvc's..

Apr 22, 2009 at 2:02 AM Post #10 of 23
I tell everyone, my PK3's are my absolute best friends while I'm at work (since I need to answer phones & cannot have an isolating earphone). Absolutely the best $40 I've ever spent. It's not an understatement, they will completely devastate your jvc's.

The cable is the standard symmetric Y angle, none of that j-cable crap.

There are several foam covers that can enhance sound, but I find they're just as comfortable w/o them.

You probably could toss them in your pocket & not worry too much about them. They're built pretty well. However, just to be safe, I do keep mine in the little tube because I just dont want to risk losing them, they're that precious to me
smily_headphones1.gif

Overall great value!

Apr 22, 2009 at 2:59 AM Post #12 of 23
I'm picking a pair of these up soon as well. Just for work as lugging around the pk1 and minibox e+ combo is getting a little cumbersome. Hoping its more of a sidegrade than a downgrade with all the good things i've been hearing.

Apr 22, 2009 at 3:17 AM Post #13 of 23
apple haters?? I think you'll find that the touch 2G is getting some love around here. plus i've spent a great deal of money around my apple gear, enough to modify the hell out of them. the PK3 is a great start and should satisfy her for a long time. better watch your wallet though LOL

Apr 22, 2009 at 3:20 AM Post #14 of 23
Quote:

Originally Posted by longie11 /img/forum/go_quote.gif
I'm picking a pair of these up soon as well. Just for work as lugging around the pk1 and minibox e+ combo is getting a little cumbersome. Hoping its more of a sidegrade than a downgrade with all the good things i've been hearing.

It will be, though hard to give up the mbe+ no? What's your source?

Nevermind, saw it in your sig. PK3s are great. I owned the PK1s and to be honest, sold them because I felt the PK3 was enough ear bud for me. Also got tired of amping the PK1s.

Apr 22, 2009 at 4:09 AM Post #15 of 23
Quote:

Originally Posted by tstarn06 /img/forum/go_quote.gif
It will be, though hard to give up the mbe+ no? What's your source?

Nevermind, saw it in your sig. PK3s are great. I owned the PK1s and to be honest, sold them because I felt the PK3 was enough ear bud for me. Also got tired of amping the PK1s.

Same here on switching from the PK1 to the PK3's. Although I have no doubt that the PK1's are superior over the PK3's with the right amp, driving the PK1's for portable use became tiresome. Besides, the PK3's don't make me feel like I've shortchanged myself over the PK1's. They are a worthy addition for any portable player.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back