Disassembly of NWZ-A820/A720 series?
Aug 4, 2008 at 12:52 AM Thread Starter Post #1 of 13

kite7

Headphoneus Supremus
Joined
Oct 8, 2006
Posts
2,036
Likes
86
Has anyone tried to disassemble this player? I see two screws at the back side to unscrew from pictures I looked at. I want to disassemble one because I'm planning to change body colours. 16GB only comes with black/pink and I want silver so I may do a body swap if it's easy
biggrin.gif
 
Aug 5, 2008 at 12:05 AM Post #2 of 13

MrBigglesworth

New Head-Fier
Joined
Jul 1, 2008
Posts
20
Likes
0
Quote:

Originally Posted by kite7 /img/forum/go_quote.gif
Has anyone tried to disassemble this player? I see two screws at the back side to unscrew from pictures I looked at. I want to disassemble one because I'm planning to change body colours. 16GB only comes with black/pink and I want silver so I may do a body swap if it's easy
biggrin.gif



Courtesy of nywytboy:

stashbox.org : free anonymous file hosting

Section 3 shows the assembly of the unit in detail.
 
Aug 5, 2008 at 12:40 AM Post #3 of 13

synaesthetic

Headphoneus Supremus
Joined
Mar 5, 2008
Posts
2,263
Likes
11
I wish the brown/tan had been available in the States. =/ It's the coolest looking one!
 
Aug 5, 2008 at 4:30 PM Post #4 of 13

tds101

Formerly known as nywytboy68
Joined
May 5, 2008
Posts
4,629
Likes
106
Quote:

Originally Posted by synaesthetic /img/forum/go_quote.gif
I wish the brown/tan had been available in the States. =/ It's the coolest looking one!


I'm partial to the White/Silver for a 16gb myself.
 
Aug 5, 2008 at 7:21 PM Post #5 of 13

kite7

Headphoneus Supremus
Joined
Oct 8, 2006
Posts
2,036
Likes
86
Quote:

Originally Posted by MrBigglesworth /img/forum/go_quote.gif
Courtesy of nywytboy:

stashbox.org : free anonymous file hosting

Section 3 shows the assembly of the unit in detail.



Thanks

I may end up buying a 8G/16G white version. I have a friend who is going to japan...
icon10.gif
 
Aug 6, 2008 at 1:01 AM Post #6 of 13

tds101

Formerly known as nywytboy68
Joined
May 5, 2008
Posts
4,629
Likes
106
Quote:

Originally Posted by kite7 /img/forum/go_quote.gif
Thanks

I may end up buying a 8G/16G white version. I have a friend who is going to japan...
icon10.gif



Be careful though - you need Sonic Stage AND Japanese Windows to use the Japanese version of the player. It doesn't work w/English SS.
 
Aug 6, 2008 at 1:50 AM Post #8 of 13

synaesthetic

Headphoneus Supremus
Joined
Mar 5, 2008
Posts
2,263
Likes
11
japanese sonicstage doesn't like to install on English Windows.
 
Aug 6, 2008 at 2:11 AM Post #10 of 13

tds101

Formerly known as nywytboy68
Joined
May 5, 2008
Posts
4,629
Likes
106
Quote:

Originally Posted by kite7 /img/forum/go_quote.gif
I already found a workaround for that
smily_headphones1.gif



Then could you post it as I know of a few who need a little help w/the same issue - PLEASE??????
wink_face.gif
 
Aug 6, 2008 at 2:24 AM Post #11 of 13

kite7

Headphoneus Supremus
Joined
Oct 8, 2006
Posts
2,036
Likes
86
Install WinRAR
Extract SonicStageInstaller.exe using WinRAR ( There will be 6 files in total, two of which are SetupSS.exe and SetupSS.ini)
Open the SetupSS.ini file, and find supportoslang= Japanese and change it to supportoslang= English
Save
Now you can run the SetupSS.exe
 
Aug 6, 2008 at 8:19 PM Post #13 of 13

MiG(TM)

100+ Head-Fier
Joined
Jun 5, 2006
Posts
190
Likes
0
With the Service Manual + Open Source bootloader for this device, rockbox is a 100% possibility.

Someone doooo ittttt
wink.gif
 

Users who are viewing this thread

Top