DiRT Racing Series
May 21, 2012 at 2:02 PM Thread Starter Post #1 of 13

Makiah S

Sponsor: EarMen | HeadAmp
Member of the Trade: Bricasti Design
Formerly known as Mshenay
So I've got this free code to download the game... how is the DiRT racing series over all? I've seen videos of DiRT two and it looks pretty good, in addition I like Rally racing games, the tighter the better imo. Wondering if it's worth looking further into

May 22, 2012 at 6:13 PM Post #2 of 13
You won't find a true simulator in any of the releases, as the physics were not made to be ultra-realistic (don't get me wrong, they aren't Ridge Racer-crazy, and they improve quite a lot with each release), and there is a minimal amount of tinkering you can do with the cars, but the games are graphically polished and fun to play. Codemasters has quite a bit of experience with racing titles and you'll find something to love from any of the three DiRT titles out so far.

First title has the most authentic car/track lineup of the three, second title polished the physics quite a bit (went on a bit of a tangent with cars/tracks though), and the third title has the best of both worlds, and adds a mound of Ken Block alongside (ymmv with the Gymkhana Mode, but it's optional).

Jun 6, 2012 at 1:45 AM Post #4 of 13
Most realistic would be the PC version of Richard Burns Rally. Tons of mods and a very active community to keep this game alive.

Sent from my Galaxy Nexus using Tapatalk 2

Jun 6, 2012 at 8:23 AM Post #5 of 13
RBR is a timeless classic.  As for DIRT the original DIRT was just impossible to get into. Awful physics as in no fun to drive and arcade. Double fault. DIRT 2 was a big improvement on every level. DIRT 3 I was disappointed with because they make the already to wide tracks even wider which just make it silly when you can forget everything about racing line.

Gymkhana is better I suspect but I am so god awful at that. Drifting is not in my blood :p

Oct 10, 2012 at 2:08 PM Post #6 of 13
Quote:
Most realistic would be the PC version of Richard Burns Rally. Tons of mods and a very active community to keep this game alive.
Sent from my Galaxy Nexus using Tapatalk 2

Sounds fun!

Nov 2, 2012 at 2:51 PM Post #7 of 13
RBR is one of my all time favorite racing games of all time. I think own almost every SIM (semi sim) Racing game out there. Until this day RBR still ranks right up there. I use to race in a league with it a couple years ago. The league disbanded and I haven't really touched it since. Thanks for the thread as I think this has sparked some interest for some ralley racing tonight!

Nov 12, 2012 at 11:41 PM Post #8 of 13
Quote:
RBR is one of my all time favorite racing games of all time. I think own almost every SIM (semi sim) Racing game out there. Until this day RBR still ranks right up there. I use to race in a league with it a couple years ago. The league disbanded and I haven't really touched it since. Thanks for the thread as I think this has sparked some interest for some ralley racing tonight!

Happy to hear it :D what is RBR... Oh Richard Burns Rally. Wow nice game that's awesome that you like Realistic SIm Racers :3

Here check this out you might enjoy it since your wanting to get back into it :D

Apprently it's all new Physics that are pretty real, and are still pushing the game closer and closer to reality :3, but as I mentioned in many of the You Tube videos I enjoy my Racers very Arcade like :D Seeing as I'm a pretty SAFE AND SLOW driver in reality I enjoy the unrealistic approach of arcade racers lol

Still I LOVE the simplistic GFX of Rbr and the Real Physics! Make for a richly wonderful experince. Really fun to watch even :3

Nov 13, 2012 at 12:55 PM Post #10 of 13
I'm sorry to heart that, but the video is a link to an up dated physics patch, also nice cans. I'd like all all those my self. Currently have a 250 dt 880 hoping to get the 600 ohms next along with the grados

Nov 13, 2012 at 5:13 PM Post #11 of 13
That does sound cool, I will have to take a look around to find that patch. Not that I think there is anything wrong with it now, but a little sprucing up never hurt anything.....lol

Thanks on the headphones, its been a fun ride that's nearing the end.........finally..........i think...........
eek.gif

Nov 13, 2012 at 7:04 PM Post #12 of 13
Quote:
That does sound cool, I will have to take a look around to find that patch. Not that I think there is anything wrong with it now, but a little sprucing up never hurt anything.....lol

Thanks on the headphones, its been a fun ride that's nearing the end.........finally..........i think...........
eek.gif

Haha, the End.... Well I'm planning on working my way up to Byerdyanmic T1's and Denon 7ks [I WILL FIND A PAIR SOME WHERE] So as a Bass Head AND Transparent can lover I'm not sure I'll get to the end... plus I like to collect stuff! 

But would you care to play some good ole fashion Arcade Racers :3, Nfs U2 has an online feature through Games Ranger and it is pretty fun ^^ 

Nov 13, 2012 at 7:57 PM Post #13 of 13
I don't think I even own any arcade racers anymore. My main preference is SIM but I am open to anything. I use to play mainly arcade racers on the PS3 and XBOX but I don't own either of them anymore. 

Users who are viewing this thread

Back