Dirt Cheap Grados...
Jul 27, 2006 at 7:19 PM Post #16 of 414
The consideration is the overall transactions from that etailer. Besides his return policy is only 5 days shorter than most of the sponsers...

Return Policy on Third Party Products

At PowerMax, we feel you deserve high quality products for the fairest and most affordable pricing possible. We continually strive to provide this to all our customers in a prompt, courteous and professional manner, while at the same time providing you access to our extensive expertise on the Macintosh. We will accept back for a full refund or replacement any non-Apple product returned in complete, undamaged and unmarked condition within 25 days (note: must be received at our warehouse within 25 days).

But then again I guess I am helping to promote someone whom I don't even know. I just know that he has great prices on headphones that a large portion of this community enjoy, his online rating seems to be good and his return policy isn't unpleasant either. But then again I also haven't bought anything from him yet either. If I hadn't just spent $600 this week on new gear I would be jumping on a pair of SR-225 for my portable rig.

Jul 27, 2006 at 7:24 PM Post #17 of 414
Very interesting...

Jul 27, 2006 at 7:25 PM Post #19 of 414
Quote:

Originally Posted by mjg
tempted to order a pair of sr60's from them. anyone bought from here b4?

Yes me too,
seems like a great time for ealy X-mas shopping!
wink.gif

Jul 27, 2006 at 7:26 PM Post #20 of 414
Quote:

Originally Posted by jpr703
Screw Grado--last time I checked, price fixing was illegal in this country.

rolleyes.gif

Jul 27, 2006 at 7:27 PM Post #21 of 414
I'm just saying all this stuff because I want to keep myself from spending money...

...and it's not working.

Thanks to Mr Faust, and this site...

... I swore I wouldn't spend anymore till next year. I just spent $105 on the HD555, just to hear the Sennheiser sound...

...and now THIS.

Grado ...mmmm...

What am I doing?!?!? HELP ME. I should turn this PC off. Why did I find Head-Fi. WHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHY?!?!?

EDIT: Ok guys, the fever passed. I'm ok now. No more spending.

Jul 27, 2006 at 7:38 PM Post #22 of 414
Grado is going to try I assume to shut this down ASAP. So if you are interested in these prices bite now before they get the wiser. Also, as another has mentioned I would be damned if Grado will warranty any of their cans bought from this site now or in the future.

AudioAdvisor has a pair of demo RS-1s for under $500.00 (not too bad) with warranty to boot too:

http://www.audioadvisor.com/store/pr...sp?sku=DMGRRS1

Those in the for sale forum have some serious competition. Why would anyone buy used without a warranty when you can buy new around the same price without one.

About 23% off retail prices isn't chump change.

Jul 27, 2006 at 7:45 PM Post #24 of 414
Quote:

Originally Posted by Mercuttio
rolleyes.gif

Not sure why that comment warranted an eye-roll, but jpr703 is correct that this is quintessential price-fixing, and there is a lot of law on this point. Unfortunately for us consumers, the Supreme Court has carved out a few exceptions to the general rule that a manufacturer cannot tell the retailer how to price the product (hence the "manufacturer's suggested retail price"). One of those exceptions is that the manufacturer simply can stop dealing with a certain retailer, which is probably what will happen in this case.

Jul 27, 2006 at 7:55 PM Post #26 of 414
Quote:

Originally Posted by seacard
Not sure why that comment warranted an eye-roll, but jpr703 is correct that this is quintessential price-fixing, and there is a lot of law on this point. Unfortunately for us consumers, the Supreme Court has carved out a few exceptions to the general rule that a manufacturer cannot tell the retailer how to price the product (hence the "manufacturer's suggested retail price"). One of those exceptions is that the manufacturer simply can stop dealing with a certain retailer, which is probably what will happen in this case.

The eye roll was more or less "same ol same ol" for that particular argument against Grado. It's a small headphone and cartridge company, they've been around a while and had this pricing strategy for years now with no problems. Nothing's going to change.

I dunno whether or not Grado will shut them down though. I know that John Grado visits the boards, so he'll probably read about that company soon enough.

Jul 27, 2006 at 7:55 PM Post #27 of 414
Why would Grado have cause to shut down this seller? The price is not advertised, even on the site. You have add the product to the basket to get a price: a technique commonly used to sell lower than allowed ad prices.

Chris

Jul 27, 2006 at 7:58 PM Post #28 of 414
Quote:

Originally Posted by konis
I think these are reconditioned. no where on this site states NEW

I just called powermax, all headphones are NEW and come with the manufacturer's warrenty on them...

I still may bite the bullet and get some SR-225 at that price.

Jul 27, 2006 at 7:58 PM Post #29 of 414
Quote:

Originally Posted by Mercuttio
It's a small headphone and cartridge company, they've been around a while and had this pricing strategy for years now with no problems.

I swear I just read that Grado was a "horse and carriage" company. Which also fits, but damn i'm tired.

Jul 27, 2006 at 8:01 PM Post #30 of 414
Quote:

Originally Posted by MrFaust
I just called powermax, all headphones are NEW and come with the manufacturer's warrenty on them...

I still may bite the bullet and get some SR-225 at that price.

If they're offering full manufacturer's warranty and selling at that price, they're probably going to be in trouble soon.

Quote:

Originally Posted by Jahn
I swear I just read that Grado was a "horse and carriage" company. Which also fits, but damn i'm tired.

If you haven't ridden in the Grado HD500 (Horse Drawn 500) then you haven't lived.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back