Dilemma
Mar 30, 2004 at 6:18 PM Thread Starter Post #1 of 13

Peppermint Duck

100+ Head-Fier
I want to buy a new mp3 player around 4GBish in size. I've been waiting for about 3 months now, contimplated the Karma, but then decided I didn't need the size. Was going to wait for a Karma 2 though now I'm more interested in these microdrives. Problem is I don't have much choice. The iPod Mini has been delayed here in the U.K. until July and the only other obvious options would be the Nitrus (which is only 1.5GB...still no 4GB version after months of waiting) and the MuVo 2.

The MuVo 2 does look interesting...still I have been reading stuff about its build quality and how easy is it to browse 400 files with a comparably smaller LCD to other such similar players? I heard playlists were compatible with it? Could you say create playlists for each album and would they be easily accessable?

Thanks.

Mar 30, 2004 at 10:10 PM Post #4 of 13
I'd try around to different Apple dealers. MacMall seems to ship internationally, though it says some items are restricted by manufacturer.

Mar 30, 2004 at 10:35 PM Post #6 of 13
If you get your hands on a MuVo 2, consider yourself extremely lucky. They sell like nothing you ever seen before. They can't really compare to many other players, but for their total value, they beat the crap out of every other player.

Mar 31, 2004 at 12:08 AM Post #11 of 13
Quote:

Originally posted by Thrasher
They tell you in magazines like Maxim to buy this. I don't want it.

this may perhaps be the worst reason in existence for NOT buying.

Mar 31, 2004 at 9:36 AM Post #12 of 13
Quote:

Originally posted by AudiophileBill
I'm pretty sure you can pick up MuVo 2s in the U.K. but they cost around £200 ~ $325ish.

The exchange rate is more than that these days, £200 works out about $370, which makes the 1:1 exchange rate that most electronic companies even more horrendous.
mad.gif

Mar 31, 2004 at 4:47 PM Post #13 of 13
Quote:

Originally posted by br--
How is that bad?

Buy whatever you want because it is what you want. If you want to buy trendy, then do it. If you want to be oh-so-different, buy something else.

Don't hate something just because it is trendy. It might be trendy for a reason. Perhaps because it is a small player that holds 4GB and looks nice and works great. Hmmm... sounds like something the majority of people would like. Uh oh... it might become super popular!!!

Well I suppose if you really have to prove your individuality by NOT buying a popular product, then that's your choice.

Trendy... honestly the worst reason I've ever heard.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back