Digital source issue FINALLY resolved
Sep 19, 2002 at 11:35 PM Thread Starter Post #1 of 4

DanG

Headphoneus Supremus
Yup, I've moved on past the issue of the Cary 308 and have ordered myself a new player. Namely, the Meridian 508.20. I got it for a good price off Audiogon. I'm Lucky I caught it, I was the sixth person to view the page.

Should be here next week, I'll be sure to write a review. Compared to what, you ask? Maybe you don't ask, but I'll answer anyway. Compared to my soundcard. Yes, it will be quite an upgrade, Y'arr.

Sep 20, 2002 at 2:35 PM Post #2 of 4
congratulations! meridians are supposed to sound awesome, but i could never put up with how unbelievably ugly they are.

hope it sounds great!

Sep 20, 2002 at 3:33 PM Post #3 of 4
Quote:

Originally posted by DanG
Yup, I've moved on past the issue of the Cary 308 and have ordered myself a new player. Namely, the Meridian 508.20. I got it for a good price off Audiogon. I'm Lucky I caught it, I was the sixth person to view the page.

Should be here next week, I'll be sure to write a review. Compared to what, you ask? Maybe you don't ask, but I'll answer anyway. Compared to my soundcard. Yes, it will be quite an upgrade, Y'arr.

An interesting choice...I've owned the Meridian 506.20 and heard the 506.24; both exhibited Meridian's house sound, which was a bit too civilized and perhaps better suited to classical music than rock. It'd be interesting to get your opinion on how the 508.20 fares with rock and jazz, esp. given that it uses the same CS4329 DAC as the 506.20 but in dual-diff mode.

Oh, and I must disagree with grinch, I happen to think that the enamel finish, jewel-like drawer mechanism and glass top are all quite lovely
smily_headphones1.gif

- Wasif.

Sep 20, 2002 at 3:44 PM Post #4 of 4
Ugly???!??!?? Well...I guess you can have your opinion
smily_headphones1.gif

From what I've read, the 508 series is supposed to have more impact than the 506 series, making it more well-rounded. I can't wait to hear about it. I may end up having to take a bus over there to listen to it!

Users who are viewing this thread

Back