Digital Out
Jan 6, 2006 at 10:56 PM Thread Starter Post #1 of 5

Arnoldhasmail

100+ Head-Fier
Can anyone explain why Ipods and Creative Lab Mp3 players don't have digital out...Are these companies THAT stupid that they don't realize a power user would like the option of using a decent DA converter/output as opposed to the trash they supply with the units.

Jan 6, 2006 at 11:01 PM Post #2 of 5
That's the way the cookie crumbles, I guess.

Jan 6, 2006 at 11:06 PM Post #3 of 5
I don't think they worry about such "power users" since people who use DA convertors portably are basically nill.

Jan 6, 2006 at 11:07 PM Post #4 of 5
Quote:

Originally Posted by Arnoldhasmail
Can anyone explain why Ipods and Creative Lab Mp3 players don't have digital out...Are these companies THAT stupid that they don't realize a power user would like the option of using a decent DA converter/output as opposed to the trash they supply with the units.

Yes and No... that average consumer would likely never do that let alone know what you are talking about
icon10.gif

Jan 6, 2006 at 11:20 PM Post #5 of 5
Quote:

Originally Posted by grandenigma1
Yes and No... that average consumer would likely never do that let alone know what you are talking about
icon10.gif

That's right. The manufacturers are more interested in producing deplorable gimmicks for the massess (it seems to be inevitable for the most part anyway). The only DAP I know with optical out is iRiver iHP 1xx, but its full capabilities are revealed only when you use the alternative firmware (Rockbox). The engineers at ReingCom iRiver either did not know how to implement similar features or did not put them into action on purpose. It's sad, but nowadays iRiver is in no way better than the other crappy companies.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back