Different types of weapons, what sound they are depended?
Oct 18, 2019 at 2:15 PM Thread Starter Post #1 of 5

Snikibiki

Head-Fier
Hi, I know some of you won't underestand title, because my English lack.
On what sound are these weapons based? (like bass etc)shotgun, smg, and rifles, please, describe each other. I would like to know, because it will help me what headphones to pick for me. Because in my game weapons are so loud compared to footsteps, mostly by shotguns..

Oct 18, 2019 at 5:21 PM Post #2 of 5
So, what you are saying is that while gaming you are hearing gunfire in general much louder than footsteps. Is that? That is normal, I think. Have you tried configuring in-game sound options to your like? Perhaps you can increase footsteps volume and decrease gunfire's.

Oct 18, 2019 at 6:28 PM Post #3 of 5
Hi, I know some of you won't underestand title, because my English lack.
On what sound are these weapons based? (like bass etc)shotgun, smg, and rifles, please, describe each other. I would like to know, because it will help me what headphones to pick for me. Because in my game weapons are so loud compared to footsteps, mostly by shotguns..

That's because that's how it is in real life. Go out there and shoot weapons, even if there's a building with metal or wooden floors right behind the shooting range, and have somebody stomp around in there wearing army boots. The feet can't make ridiculously loud sounds and they're far away from you, but the gun goes well over 100dB and it's less than a meter from your head. On top of that, in a real gunfight, depending on how many are involved you can have everybody else firing (video game physics) or taking turns firing and ducking/running (real life).

You need a soundcard or motherboard that has DSP that specifically identifies footsteps and weapons SFX then remixes the overall sound so the gunfire won't be that loud vs the footsteps.

Oct 18, 2019 at 6:32 PM Post #5 of 5
That's because that's how it is in real life. Go out there and shoot weapons, even if there's a building with metal or wooden floors right behind the shooting range, and have somebody stomp around in there wearing army boots. The feet can't make ridiculously loud sounds and they're far away from you, but the gun goes well over 100dB and it's less than a meter from your head. On top of that, in a real gunfight, depending on how many are involved you can have everybody else firing (video game physics) or taking turns firing and ducking/running (real life).

You need a soundcard or motherboard that has DSP that specifically identifies footsteps and weapons SFX then remixes the overall sound so the gunfire won't be that loud vs the footsteps.
Audio compressor should work in same way?

Last edited:

Users who are viewing this thread

Back