Differences Bang & Olufsen Beoplay H3 and H3 2nd Generation?
Jul 29, 2016 at 2:03 PM Thread Starter Post #1 of 4

Ralphee

New Head-Fier
I'm interested in getting the Beoplay H3. On the major shopping website you can buy them either as "H3" or "H3 2nd Generation" for different prices.

Question: are they sonically different? (i.e. updated/refined sound signature) I couldn't find any info on the B&O website and the internet. If the only difference is omitting the hard case for a pouch, the older version might be the better deal..?

Who can enlighten me?

Sep 28, 2016 at 12:06 PM Post #3 of 4
„Thank you!“ to the B&O customer service, who kindly answered my question:

„The changes from the 1st Gen and 2nd Gen of the BeoPlay H3 are very minor. The changes are only cosmetic and features a thicker and more dense cable and remote. Furthermore the BeoPlay H3 2nd Gen also had a few design changes in order to match our overall design strategy for headphones.
No changes has been made to sound quality of the BeoPlay H3.“

Hope that helps prospective buyers with their choice…

Oct 18, 2017 at 1:32 AM Post #4 of 4
„Thank you!“ to the B&O customer service, who kindly answered my question:

„The changes from the 1st Gen and 2nd Gen of the BeoPlay H3 are very minor. The changes are only cosmetic and features a thicker and more dense cable and remote. Furthermore the BeoPlay H3 2nd Gen also had a few design changes in order to match our overall design strategy for headphones.
No changes has been made to sound quality of the BeoPlay H3.“

Hope that helps prospective buyers with their choice…

Did they change the design of the shells externally based on that? Like did they make the shell smaller or anything?

Thanks

Users who are viewing this thread

Back