Didn't realise Bluetooth could sound so good!
Sep 23, 2011 at 7:44 AM Thread Starter Post #1 of 3

psikey

Headphoneus Supremus
Been using my Shure SE535's with iPhone adapter cable for a while now but also used an old set of Bluetooth SE DS980 earphones when out walking and they arn't bad but too bass'y and no comparrison to wired SE535's. I since sold my iPhone (ready for iPhone5 coming out) and so using a Blackberry Bold 9900 as my main source at the moment.

I read a few reviews on the SE W600 bluetooth adapter which can last over 8 hours (DS980 less than 4hrs) so when I could get a pair for under £30 I thought I'd give them a try with my SE535's and really impressed with the quality playing audio from my Blackberry Bold 9900 (again, the W600 cheap included earphones arn't bad but too bassy).

The Bold has a fair amount of background hiss cabled to the SE535's which I remove with a high quality 75ohm attenuator, but the hiss is mostly eliminated over the Bluetooth connection so I don't need to use the attenuator.

Big problem then was the ridiculous length of cable with the Shures plugged into the adpater. So I found a seller on ebay selling replacement cables and asked if they could make me a custom short set with only 100mm length from Y connect and they did.

Only £25 delivered using Furutech cable (I'm no expert so no idea how good cable is). I went for the Black cable for my Bronze SE535's.  http://www.ebay.co.uk/itm/250886555126

Anyway, its a really great combination if anyone wants to re-visit Bluetooth audio. Sounds good coupled with my Galaxy Tab 10.1 too.

Will post some pics when I get chance if any interest.

PS the W600 works fully with the Bold 9900 even showing the track info on the OLED display.

Oct 30, 2011 at 6:37 AM Post #3 of 3
Hi!

I'm very interested in this solution!  I want to get rid of some cable.  It would be even better if I could have buttons to control music.
So I have a question:

- What bluetooth adapter do you use?  How is the battery life and sound quality?

Thanks for responding,
Xavier

Users who are viewing this thread

Back