Did you ever read a positive reviews that gave you a negative impression of a product?
Aug 21, 2010 at 2:22 AM Thread Starter Post #1 of 5

khaos974

Headphoneus Supremus
It could be for different reasons, distrust in the reviewer, a different interpretation of a "quality"...

eg. the DAC is showing its true capabilities when fed by sp/dif, this could translate into it's a really good dac or it's a dac that doesn't do its job since jitter rejection is awful on it.
or there is no sibilance on this transducer, it really makes music shine through, it could mean gap in the FR around 6-8k.

So any glowing reviews that left you bad impressions on the product, or sentences praising a product that provoked the opposite impression for you?
Edit: I mean a review where you consider the reviewer fundamentally honest, though not immune to bias.

Aug 21, 2010 at 2:51 AM Post #2 of 5
For sure!
A review so positive that it sounded more like the reviewer worked for the company and tried his/her best to sell it in.

Aug 21, 2010 at 3:36 AM Post #3 of 5
By distrust in the reviewer, I didn't mean a dishonest one, or a reviewer that has no choice but praise a product (because the manufacturer have a lot of ads in their magazine for example).

In this case a mean a reviewer who is honestly describing their impressions, even if they may be subconsciously biased against digital, class D amps, usb or whatever, or if they are a cable fanatic and you are not (reverse situation possible of course).

Aug 21, 2010 at 3:43 AM Post #4 of 5
Yes, a few people here seem to love all the stuff I hate.  If they enjoy something, I know I won't.

Not to hurt any feelings, this is entirely taste and preference.  The ones I look to are solid members and good people.

Aug 21, 2010 at 8:33 AM Post #5 of 5
any review that doesn't talk about any bad side sounds worthless to me...like all the reviews of the Asus STX, when xbitlabs actually made one a few months later(they didn't get it for free) showing all the bad sides(like the sloppy 24.576Mhz -48kHz*512- clock that's a major failure for 44.1kHz). The perfect product doesn't exist, so no need to lie about it...even if the manufacturer sent it to you for free, they want feedback to improve on it.

Too many reviews are copy/pastes of the press release...many reviewers feel like free sample beggars to me.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back