did u finish your steak everytime?
Aug 13, 2007 at 10:48 PM Post #47 of 57
Quote:

Originally Posted by laxx /img/forum/go_quote.gif
A few years bThere's 2 records at the steak joint. One for speed, one for amount. The fastest someone finished their 72oz steak was 10 minutes. The other record was a 72oz steak, 3 sides, buffalo wings, and 2 pitchers of beer in 46 minutes. Now those guys are monsters.

Poor toilet.
frown.gif

Aug 13, 2007 at 11:19 PM Post #48 of 57
I quite frequently eat off "The Seniors Menu" and even at that, the portions are STILL too large!!

The wife and I went into a new restaurant about a year ago and ended up sharing just one meal. No way could we eat all that stuff! We'd have felt miserable for a week!
mad.gif

...but yet I always absolutely pig out at an all-you-can-eat joint.
blink.gif

Gotta get my moneys' worth.
very_evil_smiley.gif

Aug 14, 2007 at 2:11 AM Post #50 of 57
30oz filet, I have to see that one!

Aug 14, 2007 at 3:20 AM Post #52 of 57
I just can't work out why there is a global obesity epidemic happening. Eating a 3 or 4 pound steak sounds like gourmand way to spend an evening.
blink.gif

I like a nice bit of dead cow as much as the next person, but a 3 or 4 pound steak is bloody ridiculous. I just don't see how one could fully appreciate it. It is like drinking a nice bottle of red in 3 minutes. What a waste.

That's my thoughts, anyway.

Simon

Aug 14, 2007 at 7:46 AM Post #54 of 57
Quote:

Originally Posted by XxATOLxX /img/forum/go_quote.gif
A medium rare ribeye steak is godly. Give me any amount and it will be consumed.

Yup medium rare is what I like. What I don't like is when a steak place makes it medium to almost medium well when you ordered a medium rare. I think a ribeye is in order soon
smily_headphones1.gif

May 13, 2020 at 5:04 AM Post #55 of 57
Interesting topic

Commonly at these high end steak houses here in the USA, those types of steaks will cost around $50 (price not including side dishes). It’s typically Prime Grade which usually tends to be hard to find in the supermarkets. Hence, it’s expensive. Whether it tastes better or not is subjective to the individual.

Anyway, I’ve never had a problem finishing a big steak. But there are usually options of getting something smaller like at around 16 oz or less. it will still be expensive though.

One of the reasons why I like going to these expensive steak houses is because they’re old fashioned. A lot of the stuff on the menu is the same stuff from the 1970s or even 50s. Sometimes I do get in the mood to eat a fancy dinner that serves food from the Madmen TV show era and I wil also l order an old style martini with olive. The kind of cocktail that was popular when grand pa was a young man.

May 14, 2020 at 3:14 PM Post #56 of 57
I haven't gone out for steak since I discovered sous vide, who's w/ me? 1-2 hours at 130-135°F for medium rare, finished w/ a sear on cast iron or w/ torch. You can literally make high end restaurant steak for 1/3 the cost.

May 14, 2020 at 3:39 PM Post #57 of 57
I agree that it’s possible to make a good steak at home.

But the reason why I go and pay stupid money is because I like the interior decor and sitting at the bar and looking at strangers around me. I’m basically superficial but it’s fun.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back