Did the HE400's just come out?

Discussion in 'Headphones (full-size)' started by krzkrzkrz, Aug 31, 2012.
  1. krzkrzkrz
    I'm thinking of buying the HE400's, but reading this thread, it looks relatively new: http://www.head-fi.org/t/586885/new-hifiman-headphone-he-400-is-out

I plan on pairing up the HE400 with a Fiio E11 portable amplifier. Good combination? Or should I pick a better amp? I've got a laptop that I bring to the office and home everyday. I code and occassionally like to listen to music to keep me going through the day. So I am pretty much on the go all the time.

My music genre: classical, house, deep house, hiphop. And the occasional alternative rock.

2. LugBug1
    The HE400's are an open headphone and so will leak sound and let outside noise in. They are also plannars and a bit heavier than normal dynamic headphones. If you are cool with this then...

IEMcrazy will inform you about what amp they need etc, look him up. He's a very helpful chap and loves the HE400's.  

3. Eric_C
    That thread was started in late Dec 2011, so the headphones have been out for 8 full months now. There's also been a revision to the drivers (fixing failure rates and an overly warm/muddy sound, based on what I've read).
    Is that still too new for your liking?