Did Sennheiser just reveal the Orpheus successor?
Nov 4, 2015 at 6:07 AM Post #1,008 of 1,046
I really have no problem with the price either. It is prestige product, like an F1 car but headphones.
Something glamorous for the few, not the many.
I would never spend that much on a pair of headphones even if I could afford it.
I also would not pay the money for a LCD-4 or HE-1000 and I could afford those.

Good luck with your new toy Sennheiser. Now where is that HD850 at $1800!!!!

Cheers.

Nov 4, 2015 at 6:56 AM Post #1,009 of 1,046
  Actually this presentation is very unique. Certainly not as informative as most readers around here would like it to be, but unique, nevertheless.

Speculation doesn't inform about the product, just about the biases of the posters.

Nov 8, 2015 at 11:25 AM Post #1,012 of 1,046
to be honest i do not know what on earth such companies are thinking of when they price such insane prices

what is really going on 

i bet my life that material cost is not more than 500 usd

Nov 8, 2015 at 12:22 PM Post #1,013 of 1,046
Yeah, cool.  I can't wait to see some of the DIY alternatives! 
rolleyes.gif
 Good luck with that.

Nov 20, 2015 at 9:54 AM Post #1,015 of 1,046
I suspect they're thinking the same sort of things as "ordinary" car companies think when they show "a $1,000,000 concept car". It's supposed to impress the heck out of you, and hopefully get their name and logo in a few magazine and news articles, but they know they aren't ever going to sell any (or, at least, not more than one or two to a few rich folks). What they're hoping is that it will be so cool that it will attract your attention, and maybe you'll decide that some of their products you CAN afford are pretty cool too, and, of course, they're also hoping that "some of the cool will rub off" on their other products. (And, if enough people really seem interested, they'll eventually come out with a $5k "economy version", which will seem downright cheap compared to that one.
very_evil_smiley.gif
)

Quote:
  to be honest i do not know what on earth such companies are thinking of when they price such insane prices

what is really going on 

i bet my life that material cost is not more than 500 usd

Users who are viewing this thread

Back