Did Monster Turbine Pro Copper just changed their design?
Apr 29, 2011 at 9:38 PM Post #16 of 29
Yeah, that's a good way of putting it. Seems like the supertips don't conform to the shape of my ear canal very well, because even when I have them in and in place, they're still letting a lot of sound in.

Quote:

The tips that come with the Coppers are quite a bit more rigid.  The Sonys are really soft and they mold to your ears pretty well.  I use them on all of my headphones (except my PFEs) because they are so comfortable and they don't slip very much at all even with activity/sweat.

Apr 29, 2011 at 9:42 PM Post #18 of 29
Thanks, I will give them a try.  It is a shame you go and buy earphones close to $400 and the $1 tips they supply keep on slipping out. I have normal ear canals just like most people and the selection of tips monster supply, none of them fit comfortable and keep on slipping, the end result is this hollow sound with no base ...... 

Apr 29, 2011 at 10:13 PM Post #19 of 29
i like the look of the new strain reliefs more than the old ones, more reason to want them, but i just got my 425's

Apr 29, 2011 at 10:14 PM Post #20 of 29

Quote:
The flaw of the new strain relief is that it's too flexible, which will lead to ripping. Both sides of mine ripped(not the wires, only strain relief).

one side on my MD ripped yesterday, does not affect anything but my OCD side is making a big deal out of it :)

Apr 29, 2011 at 10:35 PM Post #21 of 29
I just realized the mesh covers are dented to one side for left and right side. It's the 2nd pair that I received from amazon as I've requested for replacement from amazon. I changed the 1st one because I thought they were fakes and the metal housing was not glued properly to the cables.
Pretty disappointed with amazon for selling me products like that and doesn't monster have quality checks before they dispatch their earphones out for sale?

This time I contacted monster and they agreed to change a new pair for me. I really hope that the new pair won't give me anymore problem.

Apr 29, 2011 at 10:39 PM Post #22 of 29
I kinda liked the looks of the old strain relief better though, guess my future replacement's will be the one with the new strain relief :frowning2:

Apr 29, 2011 at 10:57 PM Post #23 of 29
Hmm, my experience with tips were:

Supertip Gels = Good seal, good sound, but uncomfortable for long use (worst offender at causing driver flex)
Supertip Foam = Good seal, good sound (similar in feel to etymotic gliders)
Hybrid = Good seal, good sound
Comply = Good seal, but sound takes a serious dive (even when flipped)

De-corded olives on a Meelec stem worked as well, but when the supertip foams & Hybrids work for me, I don't see a need to murder an olive. And yeah, if you have problems with driver flex, stick with foam tips.

I'm still waiting to get my RMA'd Coppers back from Monster's SanFran warehouse. =_=

Apr 29, 2011 at 11:17 PM Post #24 of 29
The new strain reliefs look great.

I've always been a bit worried about the reliefs on my Golds, but they've held out so far. I'd say it's gonna be a nice improvement over the old ones.

Nov 28, 2011 at 4:23 PM Post #25 of 29
S does that mean my coppers that I'm getting soon will have the new strain relif design on the box but they will really have the old ones or will the picture match the strain relief? Because I just read a review from a guy on head-fi and he had pictures of the box depicting the new strains but the headphones actually had the old ones. Does that mean they're fake?? I'm kind of confused...

Dec 18, 2013 at 11:33 AM Post #27 of 29
The right side strain relief just disconnected from the  earpiece, but the cable is still attached, meaning the sound is not affected. I can just move the strain relief back and forth. Since I bought the Coppers as used and have no receipt I guess that I cannot claim any warranty, so my question  is if I better let them be apart and handle with care or glue it with something back into position. I hope that the cable has some resistance system inside the earphone.

I wanted to post some pictures, but I get something like I don't have the permission for this forum.

http://s30.postimg.org/hf9og4ozl/Copper_1.jpg
http://s27.postimg.org/hw0v2fgwz/Copper_2.jpg

Dec 18, 2013 at 12:28 PM Post #28 of 29
there's no warranty replacement anyway. tried calling in yesterday and they said that they didn't have any left and that they weren't making anymore

they tried to give me diesel headphones....

Users who are viewing this thread

Back