Did I make the right choice?
Dec 12, 2010 at 6:04 PM Thread Starter Post #1 of 5

callmehyde

New Head-Fier
Hey everyone, been following these forums for a few weeks trying to get my bearings on everything.

Anyway, down to it. I was looking for a pair of headphones that would be used at home (movies/music), at the library (no leakage), and traveling by plane (isolation). With the occasional walk on campus but I plan to get a more portable set in the future. 

I listen to rock, electronic, indie, hip-hop so really I'm pretty all across the board with my tastes. 

I settled on the HD 280 Pro's today given that they seem to be pretty universally praised. 
Around this price range ($100), did I make the right choice? Any options that may be better I should consider or will these suit my untrained ears well enough?

If I do end up keeping these, it seems that an amp would be a good investment. Any suggestions in that regard? Would a portable amp for my mp3 player work with my laptop too? 

Thanks a lot guys, any feedback would be awesome. I can slowly see myself sinking down the audiophile hole. 
smily_headphones1.gif

Dec 15, 2010 at 2:52 AM Post #3 of 5
I know that the M50s are an excellent value and are very balanced. They aren't bad at any genre of music and has decent bass. You could consider those. I've never heard them personally, but that's what everyone says about them and I almost got them myself so keep those in consideration.

Dec 15, 2010 at 5:22 AM Post #5 of 5
You've haven't started to enjoy a decent pair of cans, and you're already thinking of what else you should have gotten? :D

Give it a listen first and see if you love it. An amp wouldn't be my next move though. I would advise someone at that part of the journey to save his money and upgrade to a better set of cans first before investing in an amplifier.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back