Did I hear you say you want an SPL Phonitor?
Jul 11, 2011 at 3:08 PM Post #38 of 245
This is quite coincidental!! 
k701smile.gif
 I just opened a thread here on Head-fi asking why the AKG K702 require more power than the Sennheiser HD650 when the impedance and the sensitivity are lower in the K702. This SPL meter would be a great tool in understanding db sensitivity. Here is the thread: http://www.head-fi.org/forum/thread/561890/does-a-higher-impedance-value-always-mean-lower-volume#post_7595913

If I'm worthy of this SPL Phonitor, I shall review it here on Head-fi and on Youtube.

Thanks,
Ram 
biggrin.gif

Jul 11, 2011 at 4:30 PM Post #39 of 245

Thank You, SPL, for such an excellent opportunity . 
Phonitor has very good specifications.
A frequency response is really interesting. It's up to >200 kHz ( -3 dB) while it goes down as well <10 Hz ( -3 dB).  Dynamic range is 129.5dB 
basshead.gif

It will be interesting to see the performance on DVD-A material.
THD is 5x-10x smaller than any headphones have . It means that there won't be a bottleneck with any audiophile's class headphones. Let's see.

But the most important than anything else that it can emulates the loud speakers. 
It's particularly interesting for me the controls like speaker angle and crossfeed. It can make a big difference for material with a rich stereo content.

Jul 11, 2011 at 4:57 PM Post #40 of 245
Nice promotion guys, really awesome!
I've been drooling over this amp for a good while. It looks very intriguing.

Question; I dont have facebook, nor do i have twitter. A close friend of mine who has no flavor of audiophilia does have facebook. Can i tell her to shout for me with my nickname on the end?

Oh and i'd say exclude the yanks! Most giveaways i've seen from the usa are only for US folk. This is THE time for payback!
very_evil_smiley.gif

Ofcourse this has nothing to do with increasing chances for us euro's, not at all :)

Jul 11, 2011 at 4:58 PM Post #41 of 245
I would love to share the sounds of SPL hardware in my region beyond the shop that sells it. I'd love to compare it to some other amps, and see how a dynamic rig using it compares to stax.

Thank you for the great offer

Jul 11, 2011 at 5:26 PM Post #42 of 245
Even though the chances are slim, I hope I win this as my first (and probably only :frowning2:..) amp.

Jul 11, 2011 at 7:26 PM Post #45 of 245
So about the expert panel, meaning this is actually decided based on user history and not completely at random?

Correct me if I'm wrong, because it sounds like you're more likely to choose experienced head-fier's who will actually give some extensive feedback upon winning.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back