Did I get a pair of duds or are these the most overrated headphones ever?
Nov 20, 2012 at 3:24 PM Post #3 of 24
Quote:
Bass is non nonexistent on these ATH-M50s I just got. 

I wish I was joking, but they don't sound much better than the Sennheiser HD201 I have. 

They are duds probably and the most over-rated headphones ever.

Both!

Sorry about your luck. Hopefully you can return them for a refund.

Very best,

Nov 20, 2012 at 3:28 PM Post #4 of 24
Quote:

They are duds probably and the most over-rated headphones ever.

Both!

Sorry about your luck. Hopefully you can return them for a refund.

Very best,

Yeah I thought these things would be the best thing since sliced bread since they get so much praise everywhere. Not gonna bother with refund from Amazon. Just gonna take a loss and throw them on eBay. 

Nov 20, 2012 at 4:48 PM Post #8 of 24
Quote:
I've never listened to a pair, but im guessing the fakes are now rampant.

Looking at the frequency response curve  they (should) have pretty loud bass and sub bass. 

Hmmm. Any way to tell if they are fakes?

Cause there's just no bass. I'll admit it, I'm a bass junkie, but everyone says these things have quite a bit of bass and I'm just not hearing it. They were purchased from a retailer on Amazon...[size=11.818181991577148px] TMS AUDIO DISTRIBUTION.  [/size]

Nov 20, 2012 at 4:54 PM Post #9 of 24
Refund it on Amazon, better than being hit with fees and **** if it turns out they are fake and you sold them on ebay.
They're either broken or fake if they have the same amount of bass as a HD201.

Nov 20, 2012 at 5:05 PM Post #10 of 24
Quote:
Refund it on Amazon, better than being hit with fees and **** if it turns out they are fake and you sold them on ebay.
They're either broken or fake if they have the same amount of bass as a HD201.

Yep I went ahead and requested a return. They screwed up anyways. Ordered a pair of M50 (coiled), but I got the the straights which I absolutely abhor. I really don't know what to say, I'm very disappointed with these cans, IF this is what they truly sound like. I doubt they are fake as I looked on AT's site and TMS is an authorized dealer.   

Nov 20, 2012 at 5:10 PM Post #11 of 24
Quote:
Yep I went ahead and requested a return. They screwed up anyways. Ordered a pair of M50 (coiled), but I got the the straights which I absolutely abhor. I really don't know what to say, I'm very disappointed with these cans, IF this is what they truly sound like. I doubt they are fake as I looked on AT's site and TMS is an authorized dealer.   

Heya,

Get some Ultrasone HFI 580's or DJ1's instead.

Very best,

Nov 20, 2012 at 5:11 PM Post #12 of 24
Quote:
Hmmm. Any way to tell if they are fakes?

Cause there's just no bass. I'll admit it, I'm a bass junkie, but everyone says these things have quite a bit of bass and I'm just not hearing it. They were purchased from a retailer on Amazon...[size=11.818181991577148px] TMS AUDIO DISTRIBUTION.  [/size]

TMS audio distributors are legit. Not sure if its a smart scammer changing the name to distribution on amazon though. 

Users who are viewing this thread

Back