did i damage my lcd-2s?
May 27, 2012 at 11:55 AM Thread Starter Post #1 of 6

nuclear

New Head-Fier
hey, i have an lcd-2 connected to an spl phonitor, the phonitor is connected to a power source which has no ground therefor while the lcd-2 are connected and i disconnect the amp from audio source i get a loud sound of disturbances and i immediately turn to lowering the volume on the phonitor, the volume of the sound is probably not much higher than the volume im used to hearing with, but i get the impression it has some impact on the membrance which might be damaging, another thing is i own a virus ti synth and listen to it through headphones via the phonitor, several times i produced some sounds which on moderate volume made the membrance of the lcd-2 pop, is there a possibility i have damaged my precious headphones ?:frowning2:

May 27, 2012 at 2:40 PM Post #4 of 6
im trying to convince myself that perhaps its only a psychological interpretation, it doesnt sound as if there is a tear in the membrane, just sounds less real and alive and the bass has less impact like its partially coming from a tube or something

May 27, 2012 at 3:13 PM Post #6 of 6
I think that it's in your head. If they were a real problem it would be more obvious. If you are not sure, just send them to me and I'll check them out 
biggrin.gif

Users who are viewing this thread

Back