Did I break my ATH-M50's already?
Jan 22, 2014 at 1:01 AM Thread Starter Post #1 of 19

thisissomebs

100+ Head-Fier
Amped through a Magni/Modi combo, literally I've had them for about a week and I've gotta be honest I have been playing them pretty loud. But still, what the ****.

In every song I listen too on YouTube now, all I hear is a slight crackling sound in my headphones. In. Every. Song.

What the hell happened?

I'm so sad right now, this sucks. Luckily I think I still have the slip for the warranty, and if not I'm gonna scream at the Audio Technica cockmunchers.

Jan 22, 2014 at 1:21 AM Post #3 of 19
Hmm, it's not there but the sound is so much worse :frowning2:. It's quiet and dull.

Jan 22, 2014 at 1:28 AM Post #5 of 19
No no I wish though. Hold up maybe it's the equalizer settings? I have them on bass boost is that bad?

Jan 22, 2014 at 1:37 AM Post #8 of 19
I think it's either your EQ settings or the amp/DAC. I doubt you'd break your M50s by playing music too loud; you'd probably go deaf first. 

Jan 22, 2014 at 1:39 AM Post #9 of 19
  I think it's either your EQ settings or the amp/DAC. I doubt you'd break your M50s by playing music too loud; you'd probably go deaf first. 

My ears have been hurting on the inside is that bad lol. And yeah it was the EQ settings, it's flat and it sounds perfect again.

Jan 22, 2014 at 1:41 AM Post #10 of 19

My ears have been hurting on the inside is that bad lol. And yeah it was the EQ settings, it's flat and it sounds perfect again.

Yeah, that's probably too loud. Get one of those apps on your phone to test how loud your music is. I listen to 75DB roughly. Going over 85 is too loud. 

Jan 22, 2014 at 11:23 AM Post #13 of 19
  You've probably permanently damaged your hearing.

I can't tell if you're being serious lol but I always blast my music, if it's quiet and I don't get joy from it lol.

Jan 22, 2014 at 11:33 AM Post #14 of 19
Noobs...

My girlfriend is the same, she likes to listen on the louder side, it is not good for your hearing. be careful, you only get one set of ears. I keep my listening to moderate levels now.

Jan 22, 2014 at 11:42 AM Post #15 of 19
  Noobs...

My girlfriend is the same, she likes to listen on the louder side, it is not good for your hearing. be careful, you only get one set of ears. I keep my listening to moderate levels now.

Try listening to this,

Quietly. I get it if you're listening to soft rock or jazz, or classical but club music and rock I think should always be played loud.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back