Did I break my ATH-M50's already?
Jan 22, 2014 at 11:56 AM Post #16 of 19
I don't listen to club music, most of what I listen to is heavy rock/post hardcore/metalcore.

I treasure my hearing to ruin it for a little bit of loud music. If I ever crank my grados up it is not for long periods of time.

Listening to EDM like eat static I just put the bass boost on my amp on.

Jan 22, 2014 at 12:55 PM Post #17 of 19
I don't listen to club music, most of what I listen to is heavy rock/post hardcore/metalcore.

I treasure my hearing to ruin it for a little bit of loud music. If I ever crank my grados up it is not for long periods of time.

Listening to EDM like eat static I just put the bass boost on my amp on.

Hey try this out, it's rare to find EDM fans here lol.

Jan 22, 2014 at 8:47 PM Post #18 of 19

I can't tell if you're being serious lol but I always blast my music, if it's quiet and I don't get joy from it lol.

A lot of people do enjoy their music louder but it shouldn't be so loud that you feel pain or you hear ringing in your ears afterwards.

The problem is, as you turn up your music, your brain and ear automatically compensate for loud sounds by actually making it louder. This also distorts the music a bit so it can even make it sound a bit worse. Your brain is probably used to loud music at the moment, so it might take a few weeks to get used to quieter music (this might be the problem).

You could try starting at a really quiet volume and gradually turning it up (so it isn't so high), you could take frequent quiet breaks (every few minutes if it's really loud), you could try limiting your volume so you can't turn it up so high. 

Jan 22, 2014 at 9:49 PM Post #19 of 19
  A lot of people do enjoy their music louder but it shouldn't be so loud that you feel pain or you hear ringing in your ears afterwards.

The problem is, as you turn up your music, your brain and ear automatically compensate for loud sounds by actually making it louder. This also distorts the music a bit so it can even make it sound a bit worse. Your brain is probably used to loud music at the moment, so it might take a few weeks to get used to quieter music (this might be the problem).

You could try starting at a really quiet volume and gradually turning it up (so it isn't so high), you could take frequent quiet breaks (every few minutes if it's really loud), you could try limiting your volume so you can't turn it up so high. 

+1

After I listen slightly louder than I normally do I make the volume lower than what I usually listen to and turn it up slowly. 

Users who are viewing this thread

Back