Did anyone see Letterman (oops, I mean Leno) last night?
Dec 6, 2006 at 7:07 PM Post #3 of 11
From Zap2it TV listing:

Late Show With David Letterman Ventriloquist Jay Johnson and Darwin; actor Patrick Dempsey; Kasabian performs. CC Stereo

Edit: This was the info from the listing. That doesn't necessarily mean that is who actually performed. I say this because out of curiosity I googled the name and came up with http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Kasabian . There does not appear to be a female in the band.
blink.gif

Dec 6, 2006 at 7:18 PM Post #5 of 11
Quote:

Originally Posted by mbriant /img/forum/go_quote.gif
I'm trying to get the name of the band that played. They have a female singer and were excellent, but I missed their name.

Anybody know?

was she playing one of those guitar-keyboards you strap over your shoulder? if so it was probably goldfrapp.

Dec 6, 2006 at 10:41 PM Post #6 of 11
I didn't see it, but unless Kasabian had a guest female vocalist, you're probably thinking of KT Tunstall who was on Leno.

I use this page to see if any of the late night talk shows will have bands/artists that are worth staying up for. And generally to see who Conan has on for the week.
biggrin.gif

Dec 6, 2006 at 10:46 PM Post #7 of 11
I think Borat's got it. I was switching back and forth half a asleep while channel surfing. Now that I think of it, it was on Leno so it must have been KT Tunstall ( she's very good) . Thanks for everybody's help and thanks Borat for seeing past my senility.

Dec 6, 2006 at 11:54 PM Post #8 of 11
Quote:

I think Borat's got it. I was switching back and forth half a asleep while channel surfing. Now that I think of it, it was on Leno so it must have been KT Tunstall ( she's very good) . Thanks for everybody's help and thanks Borat for seeing past my senility.

I must be on his ignore list.
biggrin.gif

Dec 7, 2006 at 12:16 AM Post #9 of 11
Quote:

I must be on his ignore list.

Got it. Samgotit got it first. Sorry about that.

Quote:

was she playing one of those guitar-keyboards you strap over your shoulder?

No. But her drummer was playing a garbage can lid.

Does anyone know what song she played?

Dec 7, 2006 at 12:34 AM Post #10 of 11
Quote:

Got it. Samgotit got it.

It's ok. The funny part is: I was in the same condition you were and couldn't really remember where I saw her either, but I did like her.

Quote:

If someone can't answer for sure, here's her new ablum. I assume it was somthing from it. She got a great voice; even at 20kps:
http://www.amazon.com/Eye-Telescope-...e=UTF8&s=music
Black Horse and the Cherry Tree is her widly released single. I went through all of the sample mp3s, but I can't remember.

P.S. I'm use to being ignored, but usually it's at home.

Dec 7, 2006 at 12:53 AM Post #11 of 11
Quote:

Got it. Samgotit got it first. Sorry about that.

No. But her drummer was playing a garbage can lid.

She played "Suddenly I See"

See, I can help on my own, too.
icon10.gif

Users who are viewing this thread

Back