did anyone catch the phones they're using in "monority report"?
Jun 28, 2002 at 10:53 PM Thread Starter Post #1 of 18

Neruda

Banned Moderator
It's the Bang & Olufsen A8, I'm sure of it! they just ripped the cord off and had a futuristic cell phone.
biggrin.gif

unfortunately I can't find a picture of them using it, but if you're planning to go see the movie then pay attention to the little phones they're putting in their ears, particularly at the dinner party celebrating precrime (near the end).

bao_001.jpg

Jun 28, 2002 at 10:57 PM Post #2 of 18
I saw it last night and I think you are right. Now I might go again just to be sure.

Jun 28, 2002 at 11:25 PM Post #4 of 18
I don't remember them being so metalic-looking.

Good movie, btw. I really like the part in the run-down hotel room.

Jun 28, 2002 at 11:47 PM Post #5 of 18
Yep I saw them too! You're right the dinner party scene is where you really see them.

Jun 29, 2002 at 1:16 AM Post #7 of 18
i don't plan on seeing it due to the fact that all of spielberg's work as of late has been horrendous. but thanks for the tip. it's always neat to see headphones in films, even if they are crappy ones.
biggrin.gif

Jun 29, 2002 at 2:45 AM Post #8 of 18
I liked the movie, it had a lot going for it. The one thing that really turned me off was the blatant advertising. In the middle of the movie over about 15 minutes you see about six different brand names in a row, Aquafina, Lexus...Front row center ads that had no place or purpose in the movie. You can't escape the bastards.
mad.gif
I was really enjoying the movie until then, after that it just ruined it for me. And then they snuck in another Lexus logo in the end.

Jun 29, 2002 at 6:43 AM Post #9 of 18
To answer the main question, I saw the movie tonight after seeing this thread and I really do think those were the same headphones.

About minority report itself: There were two reasons why the ads were so blatant. First off, in case you didn't notice, there were, in fact, many extraneous details to the movie that were added simply to increase the atmosphere of being in the future. If advertisements haven't taken over everything by 2054 then there must have been a revolution against marketing or something. Look around you. Can you say that a shopping mall in the future, or a roadside, would be entirely devoid of ads? They won't be scarce, that's certain.

The second reason they were there is to lend reality to the future world. In watching the movie, I'm actually immersed in a world that is so like my own in some ways, but unlike it in others.

In fact, this was the only movie in a while where I see the product placement and it doesn't bother me because it made perfect sense. I thought it was quite appropriate because it's exactly what one would expect.

Also, this movie is significantly unlike other Spielberg movies I've seen recently, but by all means, if you've decided you'll hate it then ****, don't go. If you thought Saving Private Ryan or Jurrasic Park were horrendous then clearly you are expecting something different from your movie viewing experience than I do.

Jun 29, 2002 at 6:51 AM Post #10 of 18
Quote:

i don't plan on seeing it due to the fact that all of spielberg's work as of late has been horrendous.

in my opinion, this was head and shoulders above stuff like AI. I enjoyed this movie.

Jun 29, 2002 at 7:59 AM Post #11 of 18
I hate to say it...but B&O makes some sweet looking products. If only they teamed up with a good tech team...we would be in luck. Just imagine NAD audio gear in B&O cases...

Jun 29, 2002 at 7:22 PM Post #12 of 18
I seem to recall someone (fjhuerta?) cannibalizing the B&O earphone frames and swapping the transducers with good ones (like the sony E888's or the MX500's). That would be cool!

Jun 29, 2002 at 11:01 PM Post #13 of 18
hahahahahaha I love this. Everyone here is so hardcore about listening to headphones that even during a great movie you can all spot the headphones. i feel so ashamed that i went through the whole movie without seeing that.

Jun 30, 2002 at 11:01 PM Post #15 of 18
Quote:

Originally posted by RMSzero

About minority report itself: There were two reasons why the ads were so blatant. First off, in case you didn't notice, there were, in fact, many extraneous details to the movie that were added simply to increase the atmosphere of being in the future. If advertisements haven't taken over everything by 2054 then there must have been a revolution against marketing or something. Look around you. Can you say that a shopping mall in the future, or a roadside, would be entirely devoid of ads? They won't be scarce, that's certain.

The second reason they were there is to lend reality to the future world. In watching the movie, I'm actually immersed in a world that is so like my own in some ways, but unlike it in others.

In fact, this was the only movie in a while where I see the product placement and it doesn't bother me because it made perfect sense. I thought it was quite appropriate because it's exactly what one would expect.

I disagree. In the also futuristic movie Blade Runner you see ads in the marketplace (some fictional, some not) that serves to reflect the hectic and crazy lifestyle of the people.

In Minority Report everything seems to be in shades of gray except the ads or products. The gray, boxy and ugly cars have no logos, but the car Tom drives off the assembly line is bright red and has a Lexus logo 2 or 3 times bigger than today's Lexus.

Another shot has a product in the foreground and the shot is held for x number of seconds until the contract is fulfilled and Spielberg can collect his money.

There were many examples of this in the movie including the end where there is a shot of a beautiful house at sunset with the hood of the Lexus in the foreground with the 8" Lexus logo prominent in the shot just like a TV commercial.

Am I nitpicking? Maybe so, but to me it was a sellout and was not done in an artful manner and was not even required to set the tone or mood for the film.

It is shameful that they stooped to this level. They take your money at the door and then subject you to ads when all you really wanted is 2 hours of entertainment.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back