Diana: the second release by Abyss Headphones!
Apr 7, 2021 at 12:20 PM Post #3,888 of 7,332
I just wanted to add a link to the video, so that people know where you got it from, but realised that it may sound weird that I am adding that reference, as if I did not trust you, so wanted to call out why I am doing the reference explicitly, but I guess it came out wrong, sorry.

Apr 7, 2021 at 1:10 PM Post #3,889 of 7,332
I just wanted to add a link to the video, so that people know where you got it from, but realised that it may sound weird that I am adding that reference, as if I did not trust you, so wanted to call out why I am doing the reference explicitly, but I guess it came out wrong, sorry.
You're good man. I just didn't know what you were trying to say. Lol

Apr 12, 2021 at 8:31 AM Post #3,890 of 7,332
New owner of a pair of Diana Phi's. Incredible headphones. I am enjoying them so much that I am considering moving to the 1266 TC's.

Apr 13, 2021 at 5:28 AM Post #3,891 of 7,332
New owner of a pair of Diana Phi's. Incredible headphones. I am enjoying them so much that I am considering moving to the 1266 TC's.
You should let us know how the TC is with the Étude. :wink:

Apr 14, 2021 at 4:54 PM Post #3,892 of 7,332
I've been using ZMF pilot pad on my Diana V1s, today I took them off, tried to close the headphones but seem to be stuck!?

Both sides as well, both the same distance. It doesn't seem to close..... I'm pretty sure they used to. It's like they can't go any further. I've tried opening/closing it rapidly, really forcing it quite but it doesn't seem to budge any further than this.

Anyone had this problem before? It's especially weird as its on both sides...

WhatsApp Image 2021-04-14 at 21.49.32.jpeg

Apr 14, 2021 at 6:49 PM Post #3,893 of 7,332
I've been using ZMF pilot pad on my Diana V1s, today I took them off, tried to close the headphones but seem to be stuck!?

Both sides as well, both the same distance. It doesn't seem to close..... I'm pretty sure they used to. It's like they can't go any further. I've tried opening/closing it rapidly, really forcing it quite but it doesn't seem to budge any further than this.

Can't help you with your headphones issue.. But damn man that is a beautiful set. Love the colour scheme! That blue on the underside of the headband is so nice!

Apr 14, 2021 at 11:47 PM Post #3,894 of 7,332

Had the same problem on one side. Sent it back to Abyss. They took care of it saying something about the magnets being dislodged in the headband mechanism. They have a tool to fix it easily and so, the user can’t really try fixing it. Turnaround time was literally one day before they sent it back to me.

Apr 15, 2021 at 4:38 AM Post #3,895 of 7,332
Had the same problem on one side. Sent it back to Abyss. They took care of it saying something about the magnets being dislodged in the headband mechanism. They have a tool to fix it easily and so, the user can’t really try fixing it. Turnaround time was literally one day before they sent it back to me.
It definitely sounds like a magnet piece has dislodged. I've ordered a ifixit kit, I assume taking the screws off the back and realigning it will work. Can't be toooo hard!

Apr 15, 2021 at 12:03 PM Post #3,896 of 7,332
Update - dismantled the headphones. You can see how the slide mechanism works - its rows of small circular very strong magnets in a socket covered by a plastic covering. The plastic had cracked and the lowest magnets were pulling themselves towards to actual headunit part and were out of its socket hence why it would not close. All fixed now!

WhatsApp Image 2021-04-15 at 16.59.30.jpeg
WhatsApp Image 2021-04-15 at 16.59.29.jpeg

Apr 15, 2021 at 12:18 PM Post #3,897 of 7,332
Update - dismantled the headphones. You can see how the slide mechanism works - its rows of small circular very strong magnets in a socket covered by a plastic covering. The plastic had cracked and the lowest magnets were pulling themselves towards to actual headunit part and were out of its socket hence why it would not close. All fixed now!
Hmmm, DMS said this mechanism will not break in 100 years, reference here. Glad you have managed to fix it though!

Apr 15, 2021 at 12:24 PM Post #3,898 of 7,332
To be fair DMS was referring to the Diana V2 - it might be a different mechanism from my V1 (although highly doubt it....)

Apr 15, 2021 at 1:41 PM Post #3,899 of 7,332

WhatsApp Image 2021-04-15 at 16.59.30.jpegWhatsApp Image 2021-04-15 at 16.59.29.jpeg
You're handy guy!

Apr 18, 2021 at 4:26 AM Post #3,900 of 7,332
Anyone know the driver replacement cost on V2s...?
Tried searching for the term above, but nothing showed up...based on their pad and cable costs its got to burn...

Users who are viewing this thread

• Back