Diana: the second release by Abyss Headphones!
Feb 24, 2021 at 11:04 PM Post #3,826 of 7,319
Just recieved a set of used DMS Mod pads taken from a Diana Phi and the difference ic comfort and sound on my V2s!

In my set up, I used the default position of the ear pads (fat end on bottom), bought a short Geekria headband cusion cover and along with the DMS Mod pads, pulled the headband adjustment 3 steps on each side and oh boy, the sound is opened up becuase your ears are pushed closer to the drivers. The sound is closer to your ears and you can really hear the difference compared to stock positioning.

My Diana V2s just got even greater.

What was the most notable change?
I see these are apparently discontinued.
I wasn’t much into pad rolling until I had a pair of Verite Open with 3 types of pads that affected the presentation a lot.

I would like to try out the DMS mod if it brings out more bass like I’ve read in previous impressions.
The mids and treble on the V2 are spot on for my tastes.

Feb 24, 2021 at 11:21 PM Post #3,827 of 7,319
What was the most notable change?
I see these are apparently discontinued.
I wasn’t much into pad rolling until I had a pair of Verite Open with 3 types of pads that affected the presentation a lot.

I would like to try out the DMS mod if it brings out more bass like I’ve read in previous impressions.
The mids and treble on the V2 are spot on for my tastes.

DMS removed material on the thinner side which would normally push into your temples if you use them in default pad position, by removing some of that material he thinned it out even more and now the upper part of your ear is closer to the drivers now.

I can hear more lower end detail than before and for me personally I love this presentation, its like my HD 650 but with more controlled bass, quicker dynamics and an excellent treble. With my pad positioning setup, the soundstage seems a bit narrower almost like my HD 650s but still runs deep.

Feb 25, 2021 at 2:12 AM Post #3,828 of 7,319
Just recieved a set of used DMS Mod pads taken from a Diana Phi and the difference in comfort and sound on my V2s is shocking.

In my set up, I used the default position of the ear pads (fat end on bottom), bought a short Geekria headband cusion cover and along with the DMS Mod pads, pulled the headband adjustment 3 steps on each side and oh boy, the sound is opened up becuase your ears are pushed closer to the drivers. The sound is closer to your ears and you can really hear the difference compared to stock positioning.

My Diana V2s just got even sweeter.
Which exact headband did you buy? Geekria sells so many and I didn't find one for Diana explicitly called out on their website.

Feb 25, 2021 at 9:27 AM Post #3,829 of 7,319
Feb 25, 2021 at 3:11 PM Post #3,830 of 7,319
Well, I joined "the club" 3 weeks ago and this has been a very interesting experience. The intended lack of cup seal took some getting used to as no other headphone is like this and felt "odd" for a bit. But once that was out of the way and I could focus solely on the sound.. wow. Nothing I've ever tried has been as enjoyable as the Diana V2 and I've tried just about everything (other than Susvara and 1266). The only time I ever reach for a different headphone, is when I need a closed back because the wife starts yelling at me for being too loud (Dianas are effectively speakers). It's unfortunate so many people have an issue with fit because it's a spectacular headphone everyone should get a chance experience it.
Woah, what a trip. I have the same keyboard and V2's :D

Feb 25, 2021 at 5:23 PM Post #3,831 of 7,319
Feb 26, 2021 at 11:22 AM Post #3,832 of 7,319
Feb 26, 2021 at 1:22 PM Post #3,833 of 7,319
How's the tonality on C9 when compare to broadway? Also, what make you think it's more convenient to use cayin?

Thanks!
I find the Broadway’s tonality to be between C9’s two modes (SS and tube). C9 is a bit sharper in SS mode and softer/smoother in tube mode, just as you would expect. Broadway has a slightly better sound soundstage. Overall they are quite close.

I like C9 for its flexibility to drive both IEMs and headphones. It is also much smaller in size and takes more flexible inputs (regular 3.5 and 4.4 line in).

Feb 26, 2021 at 8:23 PM Post #3,834 of 7,319
Sorry to clutter the thread fellow Abyss fans.
I’m seeking an XLR cable for my V2s.

Would appreciate anyone with one to sell reaching out. Thanks!

Mar 4, 2021 at 11:37 AM Post #3,835 of 7,319
For owners of Diana V2 and Chord Hugo 2, if you are worried that Hugo is not powering Dianas well enough, consider auditioning BX2-Plus. I just received this amp today and find it a nice pairing to Diana and Hugo, not affecting Hugo's tonality, but providing clean power to drive Dianas.

Mar 13, 2021 at 7:56 PM Post #3,836 of 7,319
For owners of Diana V2 and Chord Hugo 2, if you are worried that Hugo is not powering Dianas well enough, consider auditioning BX2-Plus. I just received this amp today and find it a nice pairing to Diana and Hugo, not affecting Hugo's tonality, but providing clean power to drive Dianas.
I have Chord Mojo and not worried at all, it is powering it well enough.

Mar 14, 2021 at 3:35 AM Post #3,837 of 7,319
I have Chord Mojo and not worried at all, it is powering it well enough.
Glad to hear you are enjoying the combo. I found Hugo 2 underpowered for EDM though, so for electronic music lovers, I recommend auditioning some amp to pair with Hugo 2 and see if you hear a difference when driving Dianas.

Mar 17, 2021 at 4:44 PM Post #3,838 of 7,319
New Diana v2 owner here, I just purchased a used pair and will receive them in a few days and I was just wondering if Schiit Jotunheim 2/ Bi-Frost 2 amp/dac combo will be good enough for these headphones. If anyone has experience with them, how do they compare to the more expensive amps and dacs?

Mar 17, 2021 at 5:58 PM Post #3,839 of 7,319
New Diana v2 owner here, I just purchased a used pair and will receive them in a few days and I was just wondering if Schiit Jotunheim 2/ Bi-Frost 2 amp/dac combo will be good enough for these headphones. If anyone has experience with them, how do they compare to the more expensive amps and dacs?

I mean "good enough" is not going to be an ideal set of words to use for a TOTL Abyss headphone on an audiophile forum :) Nothing is good enough!

Jot2 has enough power to drive them well if that helps. And bi-frost 2 is a really good dac, especially for the price.

Mar 17, 2021 at 7:15 PM Post #3,840 of 7,319
will be perfectly acceptable..spend more money and you will get better performance at least up to a certain point and then it is all subjective

Users who are viewing this thread

Back