Diana: the second release by Abyss Headphones!
Feb 1, 2021 at 2:45 AM Post #3,706 of 7,330
Friends.
I am thinking to buy a new Diana Phi here in Europe.
I have a BURSON CONDUCTOR 3X REF. Do you think it has power enought to move Diana Phi perfectly. Is it a good amplifier for them
I would like to know your expert opinions.
Best

Feb 1, 2021 at 4:58 AM Post #3,707 of 7,330
Friends.
I am thinking to buy a new Diana Phi here in Europe.
I have a BURSON CONDUCTOR 3X REF. Do you think it has power enought to move Diana Phi perfectly. Is it a good amplifier for them
I would like to know your expert opinions.
Best
Yes, it can drive them rather easily. When I had the combo, I was using high gain and the volume was around 40 to get great sound. What I wish the combo had was more body to flesh out more tone. Dynamics, resolution, and bass were all good with the Conductor 3XR and Diana Phi pairing. I just wanted a fuller sound.

Feb 1, 2021 at 9:18 AM Post #3,709 of 7,330
What amplifier gave you that fuller tone ?
My modded Flux Labs FA-10 or the Formula S I also have. Both have great midranges, but the FA-10 has a tube like, musical presentation with fuller mids.

Feb 1, 2021 at 10:09 AM Post #3,710 of 7,330
I second the fa-10, and I've had the burson conductor 3 ref. The fa-10 is much fuller, more powerful even after I upgraded the op amps in to sparkos. Note the fa-10 will give you slightly laid back treble, the fa-10 pro is more neutral. Flux labs will release the Volot soon which will be even better. V281 is also a well recommended amp

Feb 1, 2021 at 11:30 PM Post #3,712 of 7,330
Did either of you try the
V2s with the FA-10 or was it just the Phi?
For me, just the Phi’s. The FA-10 is a great match for the uber transparent, highly resolving capabilities of the Diana Phi’s. They pair outstanding together. I think the V2’s would also be a great match with the FA-10.

Feb 2, 2021 at 12:31 AM Post #3,713 of 7,330
My modded Flux Labs FA-10 or the Formula S I also have. Both have great midranges, but the FA-10 has a tube like, musical presentation with fuller mids.
Really There are a lot of money defference betwen both. Formula is much more expensive so I would like know sound differences between with Phi.
By the way what modded do you have in your FA-10. that could be the diferences with stock FA-10

Feb 2, 2021 at 1:08 AM Post #3,715 of 7,330
Really There are a lot of money defference betwen both. Formula is much more expensive so I would like know sound differences between with Phi.
By the way what modded do you have in your FA-10. that could be the diferences with stock FA-10
I guess I’ll start of with the mods I have on the FA-10. I had the caps upgraded to Silmic Elna II’s and Mundorf’s, which improved the bass quality, depth and add some much needed soundstage. Then I upgraded the fuse to a Hifi Tuning Supreme, which improved the transient speed and clarity. It made the FA-10 more crisp. You could just go with the FA-10 pro and get a similar sound. But you’ll be losing on the musicality of the standard FA-10. The difference between my modded FA-10 and stock is the increase in soundstage, resolution and clarity. Speed and bass definition and response also improved as well.

Now the difference between the sound of the FA-10 and Formula S is noticeable when when you hear them side by side. The FA-10 is warmer sounding but still very detailed thanks to mods. It also has one of the best midranges I’ve heard on a solid state amp. It was this way even before the mod. The mod just added more overall clarity not only to midrange but to the sound of the amp in general.

The Formula S is a more refined amp. It has a similar sound signature as the FA-10 but with more resolution, tighter, more taunt bass. It’s also faster in it’s delivery with a better treble response. The midrange is not as full sounding as the FA-10 but it’s somewhat more clearer, cleaner sounding.

Now you can see why I liked the Diana Phi‘s fair better with the FA-10. I think the V2’s would pair slightly better with the Formula S based on it sound presentatio and how it differs slightly from Phi’s.

Feb 2, 2021 at 8:30 AM Post #3,717 of 7,330
I have just bought a Dark Bronze Diana Phi. Soon I will enjoinig them

Enjoy your Diana Phi's. I have the Dark Bronze (brown) color also. In my view they look stunning. And sound is second to none, again in my view! I love them with my Astell & Kern SE200 and love them with Moon NEO 430HA!

Feb 3, 2021 at 1:35 AM Post #3,719 of 7,330
Just want to mention since I had this question myself. The Chord Mojo can drive the Diana V2 very well. I was concerned it wouldn't be enough but it works very well.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back