Diana: the second release by Abyss Headphones!
Jan 14, 2021 at 11:50 AM Post #3,331 of 7,315
Last edited by a moderator:
Jan 14, 2021 at 12:10 PM Post #3,333 of 7,315
Rando youtuber....

Isn't it a little strange to judge a graph by it's looks? Shouldn't you be determining if the data is correct or not rather than judge the layout? Should that really have any basis of whether or not the graph provides relevant information?

DMS is a rando Youtuber not an Abyss engineer who has worked on the headphone. That doesn’t change the fact that the measurements look awful. It’s funny how Amirs graph was crap on but this makes the headphone look equally as terrible 🙄

Funny you mention correct...what makes this more relevant than Amirs except Amir gave his opinion that the headphone basically sucked and got everyone’s knickers in a twist.

Last edited:
Jan 14, 2021 at 12:17 PM Post #3,334 of 7,315
Just because he was not an engineer who worked on the headphone does not make him random. I would say he's much closer to the product than any one of us in the forums.

The graph is to show that you can change the seal to make the measurements look different. Thankfully most people listen to headphones rather than leave them on their desk and watch graphs. Also, a frequency graph does not provide any data on detail retrieval, soundstage, harshness, etc, etc. I'm not really sure what your goal is but it doesn't seem like you care to know much about this headphone.

Jan 14, 2021 at 12:22 PM Post #3,335 of 7,315
DMS is a rando Youtuber not an Abyss engineer who has worked on the headphone. That doesn’t change the fact that the measurements look awful. It’s funny how Amirs graph was crap on but this makes the headphone look equally as terrible 🙄

Funny you mention correct...what makes this more relevant than Amirs except Amir gave his opinion that the headphone basically sucked and got everyone’s knickers in a twist.
DMS is a company spokesperson and marketing person. How is he random? he posted that measurement to show that when he purposely tried to unseal the headphone that the measurement is exactly like amir . meaning amir left a huge hole and then procedded to proclaim to his rabid audience that its trash because he doesnt even know how to measure correctly with a good seal.

Jan 14, 2021 at 12:25 PM Post #3,336 of 7,315
Just because he was not an engineer who worked on the headphone does not make him random. I would say he's much closer to the product than any one of us in the forums.

The graph is to show that you can change the seal to make the measurements look different. Thankfully most people listen to headphones rather than leave them on their desk and watch graphs. Also, a frequency graph does not provide any data on detail retrieval, soundstage, harshness, etc, etc. I'm not really sure what your goal is but it doesn't seem like you care to know much about this headphone.

Not really. While I don’t care for Amir he’s way more experienced than DMS which makes his graph as credible than the others posted. DMS handles the social media, basically a paid shill for extra marketing, nothing wrong with that, fair play to the kid but from a credibility point of view, no.

Jan 14, 2021 at 1:12 PM Post #3,337 of 7,315
Some of the comments have started getting too personal, argumentative, and off-topic in the thread. We ask that you please keep the discussion on-topic and avoid any personal comments or name calling. Thank you to everyone who tried to keep the thread on-track. If we could please pull the discussion back to the Diana headphone, we'd appreciate it.

Jan 14, 2021 at 1:17 PM Post #3,338 of 7,315
Not really. While I don’t care for Amir he’s way more experienced than DMS which makes his graph as credible than the others posted. DMS handles the social media, basically a paid shill for extra marketing, nothing wrong with that, fair play to the kid but from a credibility point of view, no.
If the claims from some earlier posts are valid that Amir in fact works for some brand, we are basically selecting the measurement between two sales person lol.

Anyway, I am still loving my V2. I think being able to enjoy music with V2 is the most important thing for us the users. :)

Jan 14, 2021 at 1:47 PM Post #3,340 of 7,315
If the claims from some earlier posts are valid that Amir in fact works for some brand, we are basically selecting the measurement between two sales person lol.

Anyway, I am still loving my V2. I think being able to enjoy music with V2 is the most important thing for us the users. :)
Possibly lol. I’m not really a fan of Amir in general I think his whole, I’m always right attitude sucks even when he’s proven wrong many times but I do agree with his listening impressions on these. They’re just rough sounding headphones and the FR isn’t smooth, at all(measurements reflect this also) which is why I dislike them but the first headphone they made, the Frankenstein ones sounded fantastic; I would happily own them despite them being a bit rough on places.

That said what people enjoy is what people enjoy so it’s all good, that’s what is most important. Out of the whole situation I’m more disappointed in the way Abyss handled the situation it’s extremely childish and insecure. I remember the guy who worked on the Klipsh Heritage headphones was a bit of a dope on forums too and made himself look a similar fashion, pretty sure he secretly got fired and said he left from memory, that was the general consensus.

Jan 14, 2021 at 1:52 PM Post #3,341 of 7,315
Possibly lol. I’m not really a fan of Amir in general I think his whole, I’m always right attitude sucks even when he’s proven wrong many times but I do agree with his listening impressions on these. They’re just rough sounding headphones and the FR isn’t smooth, at all(measurements reflect this also) which is why I dislike them but the first headphone they made, the Frankenstein ones sounded fantastic; I would happily own them despite them being a bit rough on places.

That said what people enjoy is what people enjoy so it’s all good, that’s what is most important. Out of the whole situation I’m more disappointed in the way Abyss handled the situation it’s extremely childish and insecure. I remember the guy who worked on the Klipsh Heritage headphones was a bit of a dope on forums too and made himself look a similar fashion, pretty sure he secretly got fired and said he left from memory, that was the general consensus.
so you arent a fan of him and what he does but you trust his listening tests but then you say you base that off of freq response graphs? i mean you couldnt be more confusing. freq response is just amplitude at different freq. it tells you nothing about actual sound almost at all. decay and resonance and chamber resonance and harmonics i mean its almost meaningless. if you dont enjoy something fine. but saying he is a trusted source because of his listening tests is just obsurd in my opinion. he barely listens at all. almost every review he says "i didnt have much time so i played 2 songs and they are trash" i mean thats what you trust?

Jan 14, 2021 at 2:00 PM Post #3,343 of 7,315
so you arent a fan of him and what he does but you trust his listening tests but then you say you base that off of freq response graphs? i mean you couldnt be more confusing. freq response is just amplitude at different freq. it tells you nothing about actual sound almost at all. decay and resonance and chamber resonance and harmonics i mean its almost meaningless. if you dont enjoy something fine. but saying he is a trusted source because of his listening tests is just obsurd in my opinion. he barely listens at all. almost every review he says "i didnt have much time so i played 2 songs and they are trash" i mean thats what you trust?

What on earth are you on about? Just because I’m not a fan of someone doesn’t mean I can’t agree on their findings after listening to them 🙄 you sure you’re okay? 😂

Jan 14, 2021 at 3:48 PM Post #3,345 of 7,315
Why bother reading reviews then?

Users who are viewing this thread

Back