Diana: the second release by Abyss Headphones!
Mar 2, 2020 at 8:07 PM Post #1,681 of 7,313
Using the DMS Modded pads on the Diana v2 tames this headphone for me. With the old v2 pads there was a spike in the upper-mids or treble that was quite noticeable and (to me) irritating in some male vocals , e.g. Jackson Browne. That's gone and I also hear a lot more bass. Surprised at how big a difference there is. They also don't clamp on my temples - that didn't bother me but it did some people.

Mar 3, 2020 at 1:11 AM Post #1,684 of 7,313
From the ABYSS order page: https://abyss-headphones.com/collec...byss-diana-phi-version?variant=31513032327268

Ear Pads for ABYSS Diana/Diana Phi Headphone- V2 latest version

Soft lambskin ear pad set for Diana/Diana Phi models, magnetically attach to headphone. These are hand-carved and extended beyond the outer edges of the headphone itself creating a large ear space.

Black color replaces discontinued gray pads on existing Diana Phi model.

*DMS Mod version is slightly thinner on top of ear pad, slightly shifts nominal light clamping pressure of Diana away from temples to around and below the ear.

Mar 3, 2020 at 11:59 AM Post #1,685 of 7,313
Using the DMS Modded pads on the Diana v2 tames this headphone for me. With the old v2 pads there was a spike in the upper-mids or treble that was quite noticeable and (to me) irritating in some male vocals , e.g. Jackson Browne. That's gone and I also hear a lot more bass. Surprised at how big a difference there is. They also don't clamp on my temples - that didn't bother me but it did some people.
I decided to mod my original grey pads since I also have some black V2, and wow your right there seems to be more bass.
I don’t understand why though, maybe the pad is simply more angled?
The mod is fairly easy, Peel off the pad from the magnetic back, carefully peel the leather off(I used tweezers), snip away the desired about of padding.
Then you just need to glue it back together, I used hot glue, but there is probably something better to use.

Mar 3, 2020 at 12:01 PM Post #1,686 of 7,313
Are you funding more sub bass as well? There seems like more rumble to me

Mar 3, 2020 at 1:38 PM Post #1,689 of 7,313
I decided to mod my original grey pads since I also have some black V2, and wow your right there seems to be more bass.
I don’t understand why though, maybe the pad is simply more angled?
The mod is fairly easy, Peel off the pad from the magnetic back, carefully peel the leather off(I used tweezers), snip away the desired about of padding.
Then you just need to glue it back together, I used hot glue, but there is probably something better to use.
DMS says in the video it's because you're ear is closer to the driver.

Mar 5, 2020 at 9:59 PM Post #1,695 of 7,313
very interested in trying out the DMS mod ear pads with the V2's as opposed to stock V2 pads.

With regards to rotating the stock pads for better bass response, are you guys rotating a full 180 degrees?

Last edited:

Users who are viewing this thread

Back