Diana: the second release by Abyss Headphones!
Jan 30, 2020 at 3:18 PM Post #1,636 of 7,233
I mean... I guess if they feel that driver flex is normal operation. This headphone is probably 2+ years old, and I can’t imagine that the people on this thread would have missed that from their impressions.
That’s the impression I get from their email, but maybe you should write back to them asking for clarification. It could be the problem you have isn’t actually driver flex, you could ask what symptoms are normal and what do not indicate a problem.

You said the response was quick and they do say ”we support all models” and “minor noises due to pressurization of the diaphragm was not unusual in the V1” that is why I believe they are saying your best option is to go to v2, you may get it back and still have the same problem. So perhaps clarification would help?

Jan 30, 2020 at 3:25 PM Post #1,637 of 7,233
You said the response was quick and they do say ”we support all models” and “minor noises due to pressurization of the diaphragm was not unusual in the V1” that is why I believe they are saying your best option is to go to v2, you may get it back and still have the same problem. So perhaps clarification would help?

That’s some solid advice. I will do just that.

Jan 30, 2020 at 7:51 PM Post #1,638 of 7,233
I went from listening to Pictures at an Exhibition today to Eminem's new album with the Diana V2 today....and BOTH sounded incredible! How many headphones can lay claim to that? Classical to Hip Hop and not miss a single beat!

Jan 31, 2020 at 11:17 PM Post #1,642 of 7,233
Help needed. I use a chord mscaler and chord TT2. I use an oppo pm1 headphone with silver dream 2 headphone cable right now. I was in London recently and stopped off at Harrods where i tried the sony mdr z1r and diana v2. I'm looking for a true hi end headphone to get the best out of my chord system. The diana v2 blew me away with its sound quality. Refined dynamic exquisite. The problem is the pads were a bit thin and clamped just a touch too hard. I read the diana phi has thicker leather pads and less clamp. Will the diana phi improve enough on comfort as i will have to make another long trip to try one? If it fits nicely i'll most likely sell my oppo pm1 as a mint condition package with all the accessories and more. I don't think the massive TC flagship at 600 grams would fit me as i'm quite sensitive to fit. If it did that would be amazing. This would be my one and final headphone purchase with the diana phi to use with my chord stack and i would not need any other headphone. I've discovered the refined abyss sound so it's just a question of saving the cash and the comfort fit. I'll have to find a way to try the diana phi. My chord TT2 can drive any headphone.

Last edited:
Jan 31, 2020 at 11:50 PM Post #1,643 of 7,233
Help needed. I use a chord mscaler and chord TT2. I use an oppo pm1 headphone with silver dream 2 headphone cable right now. I was in London recently and stopped off at Harrods where i tried the sony mdr z1r and diana v2. I'm looking for a true hi end headphone to get the best out of my chord system. The diana v2 blew me away with its sound quality. Refined dynamic exquisite. The problem is the pads were a bit thin and clamped just a touch too hard. I read the diana phi has thicker leather pads and less clamp. Will the diana phi improve drastically on comfort as i will have to make another long trip to try one? If it fits nicely i'll most likely sell my oppo pm1 as a mint condition package with all the accessories and more. I don't think the massive TC flagship at 600 grams would fit me as i'm quite sensitive to fit. If it did that would be amazing. This would be my one and final headphone purchase with the diana phi to use with my chord stack and i would not need any other headphone. I've discovered the refined abyss sound so it's just a question of saving the cash and the comfort fit. I'll have to find a way to try the diana phi. My chord TT2 can drive any headphone.

I'm pretty sure the Diana V2 and Diana Phi use the same earpads and headbands (in terms of size). Please correct me someone if I'm wrong? I've got a fairly large noggin and find both quite comfortable. That said, the Phi TC are among the very best on the planet and when you get the fit right, I can use them for hours without issue.

Feb 1, 2020 at 12:02 AM Post #1,644 of 7,233
the pads look thicker on the diana phi compared to the v2? am i right here?

how do you go about getting a right fit with the Phi TC?

how does the sound of the TC compare to v2 diana and also v2 diana to diana phi?

firing off some questions here.

Last edited:
Feb 1, 2020 at 12:18 AM Post #1,645 of 7,233
the pads look thicker on the diana phi compared to the v2? am i right here?

how do you go about getting a right fit with the Phi TC?

how does the sound of the TC compare to v2 diana and also v2 diana to diana phi?

firing off some questions here.

I had the diana phi for about a month and then listened to the TC. The TC is just more of everything that makes the diana phi great. Better bass impact more resolution and the sound stage is much larger.

As far as fit goes I find the TC to be pretty comfortable more so than the lcd series for sure. The fit can take some time to get right but the frame can be bent if needed too for a better fit. The sound can be adjusted by rotating the pads and adjusting the angle of the frame too. Unless you need something that can be used transportable I would go with the TC any day of the week over the Diana's. I used to pair them with the TT2 and they sound damn good with it. You probably won't find a headphone that is more resolving right now.

Feb 1, 2020 at 4:51 AM Post #1,646 of 7,233
thanks there.

Feb 1, 2020 at 9:40 AM Post #1,647 of 7,233
Help needed. I use a chord mscaler and chord TT2. I use an oppo pm1 headphone with silver dream 2 headphone cable right now. I was in London recently and stopped off at Harrods where i tried the sony mdr z1r and diana v2. I'm looking for a true hi end headphone to get the best out of my chord system. The diana v2 blew me away with its sound quality. Refined dynamic exquisite. The problem is the pads were a bit thin and clamped just a touch too hard. I read the diana phi has thicker leather pads and less clamp. Will the diana phi improve enough on comfort as i will have to make another long trip to try one? If it fits nicely i'll most likely sell my oppo pm1 as a mint condition package with all the accessories and more. I don't think the massive TC flagship at 600 grams would fit me as i'm quite sensitive to fit. If it did that would be amazing. This would be my one and final headphone purchase with the diana phi to use with my chord stack and i would not need any other headphone. I've discovered the refined abyss sound so it's just a question of saving the cash and the comfort fit. I'll have to find a way to try the diana phi. My chord TT2 can drive any headphone.

Diana V2 and Diana Phi have the same pads, and headband fit.

Feb 1, 2020 at 9:54 AM Post #1,648 of 7,233
which diana has the thicker ear pads then?

Feb 2, 2020 at 3:29 PM Post #1,649 of 7,233
Diana V2 and Diana Phi have the same pads, and headband fit.

That's what I'm fairly sure. I've heard both but never side by side per say. But from memory, the ear pads and headband's were the same (except for colour on the headbands)

Feb 3, 2020 at 1:54 PM Post #1,650 of 7,233
I went from listening to Pictures at an Exhibition today to Eminem's new album with the Diana V2 today....and BOTH sounded incredible! How many headphones can lay claim to that? Classical to Hip Hop and not miss a single beat!
Not many I agree!

Users who are viewing this thread

Back