Diana: the second release by Abyss Headphones!
Sep 28, 2019 at 9:58 PM Post #1,366 of 7,229
Sitting down with the Diana V2 on a lazy Saturday afternoon (after one crazy/hectic week) out of my Hugo2 and the new Abbey Road 2019 Remaster on Qobuz and I have a smile from ear to ear. Joe and team have created what I consider to be one of the very best portable headphones on the planet. This portable combination can rival most top flight full-sized desktop setups out there. The tonality is spot on, the detail rendering is off the charts and the musicality is stellar! Plus I came across a great video here on the differences between the Diana and Diana V2:

Your new video format and quality is super-nice! Now.

Sep 29, 2019 at 12:30 PM Post #1,367 of 7,229
Intrigued by the Diana Phi's and was hoping to use them directly with a Dave/MScaler combo. Does anyone here have any experience with that usage and if that will properly drive the HP's? Your thoughts on this would be greatly appreciated.

Sep 29, 2019 at 1:38 PM Post #1,368 of 7,229
Love my D-PHis... I added Dekoni nuggets (20 bucks on Amazon), major improvement in comfort, not that they were terribly uncomfortable. But now... perfect.

My Hugo 2 did a nice job driving them but if you want that last few percent, need a great dedicated HF amp. I'm using a GSX MK2, you can tell a difference.

I really have to say, these may be the best headphones of all time....
Speed of STAX 009s
Open sound of HD800s
Bass... nothing comes close.. but imagine TH900s that don't roll-off at mid-bass level :)

1266 are better sonically, no one can deny that, more bass, even more open.. but.... form factor and comfort of the D-PHIs are insane and edge them into the top spot of greatest cans of all time (IMO of course)

-Steve
open

Attachments

• iphone 1367.JPG
    iphone 1367.JPG
    1.9 MB · Views: 0
  • iphone 1427.JPG
    iphone 1427.JPG
    1.5 MB · Views: 0
  • IMG_1699.JPG
    IMG_1699.JPG
    2 MB · Views: 0
Last edited:
Sep 30, 2019 at 10:19 AM Post #1,372 of 7,229
Intrigued by the Diana Phi's and was hoping to use them directly with a Dave/MScaler combo. Does anyone here have any experience with that usage and if that will properly drive the HP's? Your thoughts on this would be greatly appreciated.

I'm just about to buy a Dave this week. Tried it out last week and the musicality is just stunning. The Dave + Diana Phi combo is a good mix of detail and emotion. I'm going to be adding a tube amp in between to get the recessed vocals out a bit more but I was listening between -20db to -16db on the Dave. No M scaler though, will probably come in the coming months.

Oct 2, 2019 at 4:19 AM Post #1,373 of 7,229
Hi, new Diana owner here :)
Could someone please tell me if it is worth to buy V2 pads for V1 Diana? Has anyone tried that? Are the pads that more comfy with v1 headband? Maybe someone could post some photos of them, best would be V1 and V2 on the same photo :)
Thanks!
20191001_144128_HDR.jpg

Oct 2, 2019 at 8:12 AM Post #1,374 of 7,229
Hi, new Diana owner here :)
Could someone please tell me if it is worth to buy V2 pads for V1 Diana? Has anyone tried that? Are the pads that more comfy with v1 headband? Maybe someone could post some photos of them, best would be V1 and V2 on the same photo :)
Thanks!
Yes it's worth it. The v2 pads are more open. I actually ordered a v2 pad but my diana failed and ended trading up to the phi.

Oct 2, 2019 at 9:44 AM Post #1,376 of 7,229
Yes it's worth it. The v2 pads are more open. I actually ordered a v2 pad but my diana failed and ended trading up to the phi.
So have you tried v2 pads on v1 Diana? What happened to her? :)
We're adding answers to these questions on our YouTube channel... See Diana V2 What's New
Thank you, have seen it, just wanted some more opinions on a change and fit :)
BTW GREAT little headphones these are! I am really impressed by them so far :)

Oct 2, 2019 at 9:46 AM Post #1,377 of 7,229
So have you tried v2 pads on v1 Diana? What happened to her? :)

The right drive failed within 12 hours. Ended up getting the phis at an awesome price.

Oct 2, 2019 at 10:00 AM Post #1,379 of 7,229

Good to hear. ABYSS_SMILEY_tiny.png

Fit of the new V2 pads on an original Diana depends on vintage. The original Diana headband shape changed over time, earlier versions will not be as universal a fit with the new V2 pads, dependent more on the shape of your head than newer and now V2 version where the headband is designed for this ear pad and fit is more universal.

Last edited:
ABYSS Headphones We engineer, machine, and build our headphones from scratch in New York, USA. Stay updated on ABYSS Headphones at their sponsor profile on Head-Fi.

https://www.facebook.com/AbyssHeadphones https://twitter.com/AbyssHeadphones https://www.instagram.com/abyssheadphones/ https://abyss-headphones.com/ info@Abyss-Headphones.com

Users who are viewing this thread

Back