1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.

Dismiss Notice

Diana: the second release by Abyss Headphones!

Discussion in 'High-end Audio Forum' started by music alchemist, Aug 13, 2015.
First

Back
87 88 89 90 91 92 93 94 95 96
98 99 100 101 102 103 104 105
Next

Last
  1. mahesvara
    The Woo Audio WA11 has plenty of juice to drive Diana Phi

2. chimney189
    I settled on my iPhone 6 and a FiiO A5.. it works great. I just wish I didn't have to worry about charging.

3. Hifiearspeakers
    The Diana V2 needs a lot of power. I have an IFI Micro Black Label coming next week. I’ll post some impressions here once it arrives.

4. chimney189
    I’m finding that the Diana V2 works great with just about any genre of music. Maybe this is the same for the Phi as well.

I’ve given 5-10 minutes of thought to upgrading to the SC cable, but I definitely need more impressions.

I wish that more people can listen to this headphone and hear how great and balanced it is. Nothing is missing from the sound signature.

5. xuhanyu23
    Abyss, as good as 1266?

6. jlbrach
    amy winehouse albums are horrendous recordings...boomy and excessively loud...I would pick something else to use to discern the amps performance

x RELIC x likes this.
  7. maszynista1987
    Something stopped playing on one handset, then on the other, I think kabel refused to cooperate ...

Fortunately, waiting for a balanced cable from @Matez
    to Rme Adi 2 and I'll know everything.

Sorry Translator

Last edited: Nov 1, 2019
  8. chimney189
    Most agree that the Diana, regardless of which version, is not technically as good as the Abyss 1266 (better extension on both ends, wider soundstage, etc.). However, the Diana holds its own considering its form factor and portability. Apparently they share the same tonality as well -- this is impressive.

maszynista1987 likes this.
  9. xxx1313
    From what I have heard, Diana Phi measures much better than Abyss 1266 headphones. So, claims that it is not technically as good as the Abyss 1266 can hardly be true.

bidn and Hifiearspeakers like this.
  10. chimney189
    I believe this statement was based on listening, not on frequency graphs.

11. CreditingKarma
    It would be difficult to go by measurements with the 1266. Measurements tend to be dependent on the way a headphone sits on the rig. The 1266 is not like a traditional headphone in this regard. I have owned both and to my ears the 1266 TC is better than the diana phi in regards to sound but is dependent on how you fit it to your head.

xxx1313 likes this.
  12. up late
    which measurements are those? can you post a link as i've been unable to find any for the the diana/v2/phi on the interwebs.

13. xxx1313
    To my knowledge, nobody has posted comparable measurements yet. But there are people measuring headphones without posting these in the web. :wink:

Last edited: Nov 2, 2019
  14. up late
    that's underwhelming

15. Hifiearspeakers

spoiler alert: He loved it.

First

Back
87 88 89 90 91 92 93 94 95 96
98 99 100 101 102 103 104 105
Next

Last