1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.

Dismiss Notice

Diana: the second release by Abyss Headphones!

Discussion in 'High-end Audio Forum' started by music alchemist, Aug 13, 2015.
First

Back
86 87 88 89 90 91 92 93 94 95
97 98 99 100 101 102 103 104 105 106
Next

Last
  1. MacedonianHero Contributor
    Just curious what version of the 1266 that was? Original, Phi or Phi TC?

2. makan
    TC

3. maszynista1987
    Borrowed for auditions and I could not give them back :)
    IMG_20191022_144740979.jpg

ekfc63 and MIR05LAV like this.
  4. Teaster
    Just order a pair of V2 ear pads from abyss, i hope it will be kind of upgrade to my diana phi lol. Did anyone try to change the ear pads for diana phi?
    I mean I am comfortable with the original ear pads, but i wonder if V2 ear pads will tune it better

5. MIR05LAV
    I might be wrong but Diana Phi is using exactly same pads as Diana v2 - so called v2 pads :)

maszynista1987 likes this.
  6. Teaster
    But I see the pics online the V2 ear pads seem not as thick as the original one? and another pic shows the original pads for phi is cheaper? But i am not that sure XD

7. up late
    who added the extra padding underneath the headband?

8. maszynista1987
    Diana are quite comfortable, but even more comfortable with a headband. I have to buy v2 pads and balancer cables - it will be great :)

The HD280 headband fits perfectly.

9. up late
    are you saying that you've added part of the hd280's headband to the diana's headband to increase the padding?

10. lockjaw
    Padding is key. For me the Dekoni Nuggets are perfect and you can try different positions. The lateral clamping pressure was my main issue. Placing a nugget just above the slider made all the difference for me. I like it so much I took my Diana Phi off the market. (was trying to sell them for a possible TC upgrade). Can't beat the form factor of the Diana, easy to wear, light weight. The 1266 do sound better, but everything is a trade off.
    IMG_1931.JPG

maszynista1987 likes this.
  11. chimney189
    Which portable amp are you guys using?
    I'm finding that the DFR is great for portability, but I don't think it has enough power as distortion comes into the picture at max volume.
    I'm not a fan of stacking, but maybe that's the only option in order to drive these well? :frowning2:

12. chimney189
    It’s a bit disappointing that this thread isn’t active. I guess I’m still in that new toy syndrome head space.

I’m thinking of heading over to F1 Audio and doing an A/B with my V2 against the Diana Phi, write notes and then write an official review.

I’m also pretty sure that Zeos is coming out with a Diana V2 review soon.

Now I’m starting to think about the bigger brother as a possible future purchase.

13. CreditingKarma

You might regret doing an A/B with the diana phi. I know I did when I had a diana phi and tested it against the AB-1266 Phi TC.

I agree though this thread needs more action.

14. DeepSouth
    I can’t wait to read it. I’m borrowing a Diana v2 myself, and I’d be thrilled to read your perception. I’m contemplating cancelling my empyrean and getting the Diana phi. Also, what happens to the sound when powered by a good dap instead of a decent amp?

15. DeepSouth
    I’m curious too. The Diana rep recommends an 11 Brooklyn. I’m using my sp1000 with the amp module. I get no distortion, and it’s plenty loud, but it tends to lack bass at louder volumes. Most albums are great, but Amy wine house falls apart, so bright it’s nearly unlistenable. some other albums and the bass is lower and deeper than I remember ever hearing with ciems. I’m trying to figure it all out still.
    Do I need bigger pockets for an amp powering a Diana? Or do I need to realize I need a more efficient headphone for a dap?

Last edited: Oct 31, 2019
First

Back
86 87 88 89 90 91 92 93 94 95
97 98 99 100 101 102 103 104 105 106
Next

Last