1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.

Dismiss Notice

Diana: the second release by Abyss Headphones!

Discussion in 'High-end Audio Forum' started by music alchemist, Aug 13, 2015.
First

Back
73 74 75 76 77 78 79 80 81 82
84 85 86 87 88 89 90 91 92 93
Next

Last
  1. cedboe
    I have an ether C (pads removed) and the Diana definitely is more transparent and closer to the real event.

2. chimney189
  3. rumina
    allways the same with new headphone i buy, i test short if everything is ok. then let it play for 10 days.

my diana phi has now over 300h on it. mojo is fine, better power whise then the wm-1z. the mojo was my backup system for the hollidays.

4. Maelob
    I occasionally use them with Dragonfly red with CCK and I go about 80-90% to get a respectable volume. Diana's are defintelty not an easy drive. No issues with my desktop set up, they sound really nice out of my PS Audio Stellar DAC. I guess they would be portable for people with high end powerful DAPs.

5. Sammo65
    I’m using them with great success with the A & K SP1000 which was a really present surprise. I was fully expecting to have to buy a IEM or an outboard amp but as of now I’m fully enjoying my library without any apparent issues

Maelob likes this.
  6. chimney189
    I'm going to head out and audition these (maybe not the originals) this week and get back with a more detailed impression. :)

It looks like they only carry the Diana Phi.
    Does anyone know the difference in sound signature between the original and the Phi?

Last edited: Mar 26, 2019
  7. bmichels
    I really hope to be able to try soon the Diana driven by a Sony DMP-Z1. This is expected to be a killer combo !

SONY DMP-Z1  2.png

Hyde8767 likes this.
  8. Sammo65
    Th
    That is a gorgeous piece of gear. Sony really seem to be raising their game with their new products. Just watched the Darko vid but doesn’t really talk about the specs or $’s.

9. marcusd
    Coming soon in our full review :)

Hyde8767 and WayneWoondirts like this.
  10. Maelob
    I am waiting on the bigger Phi pads that supposedly will fit the regular Dianas. By the way for those looking for an affordable portable DAC/amp option, I just got the Monolith THX portable DAC Amp with Dirac eq and crossfeed, for under 300 and the combo sounds really good. It has 3 PEQ to adjust any 3 freqs

Last edited: Apr 10, 2019
  11. Zhanming057
    If anyone is looking for a pair of used Diana's, I've just put mine up for sale in the classifieds since I need to fund a major DAC upgrade.

12. GU1DO
    I have the Diana Phi for few weeks and they cant compete to the big boys like the TH900 , HE1000se ,1266,

although the details are perfect , sound stage is amazing and they image like the 1266 , same sound signature but Diana lack quality of a full large driver ,

i could say they are the best portable headphones i have ever tried , they need a lot of power , my Hugo 2 can't do them justice ,

if anybody looking for them instead of the full size headphone , i would say dont bother ,, the HE1000 or 1266 will provide fuller experience ,

but as a portable headphones i think they are the best :ok_hand:

Last edited: Apr 16, 2019
  13. bmichels

Non isolating ( open back design) is not totaly for portable use ! :frowning2:

14. kel77
    I too am waiting for the larger ear pads. Unfortunately the Diana phi does not come in black.
    Not sure if Abyss have intentionally done this to deter people buying colour matched ear pads...

15. GU1DO
    Maybe portable indoor ?

First

Back
73 74 75 76 77 78 79 80 81 82
84 85 86 87 88 89 90 91 92 93
Next

Last