Diana: the second release by Abyss Headphones!
Feb 14, 2019 at 3:22 AM Post #1,156 of 7,330
Hey Guys,

I just did, or tried to do, my first video review. I decided to do it about the Diana Phi. Its my first try, so please give me any feedback you have, on things I can improve. Lighting is a big one, so I'm going to work on that. I'll also try to talk about the sound a bit more next time. Apart from that, your guys suggestions are key. Thanks for watching if you take the time to, I really appreciate it :)

Well, you made me want one! :p

In terms of light, I found that you have to pick a bright room and open all the curtains and do it in the middle of the day. I recently tried to film something with a bit of detail in it and used a couple of LED panel lights that go in office ceilings (something like the picture below), because they are a nice diffused light and don't make it too glary/focused:
Skyline-LED-Panel.png

They would also be an option.

Feb 14, 2019 at 9:23 AM Post #1,157 of 7,330
I did a side by side comparison between stock cable and Superconductor this weekend. The stock cable is no slouch... the Super is much more weight, depth, details, and elevation in the soundstage. The Superconductor does not mess with the character of the sound signature. It elevates it which is what a good upgrade cable should do.

I can second this. Takes the sound up a level. I would also add that the cable is so light and flexible that even at 2.4m in length, I barely notice it is there with the Diana Phi's, both while standing & sitting. Out of HMS/Dave, simply stunning.

Feb 14, 2019 at 11:02 AM Post #1,158 of 7,330
Well i received my own pair today and i was so psyched because i had listened to a demo at a nearby dealer, however i noticed that the XLR cable was packaged inside the plastic bag with the headphones and has likely caused some scratches on the inside of the aluminum headband above one of the earcups :triportsad: Now i have to play the waiting game again to see what the dealer will be able to do about it.

They sound phenomenal, though! :L3000:

Last edited:
Feb 14, 2019 at 11:06 AM Post #1,159 of 7,330
Well i received my own pair today and i was so psyched because i had listened to a demo at a nearby dealer, however i noticed that the XLR cable was packaged inside the plastic bag with the headphones and has likely caused some scratches on the inside of the aluminum headband above one of the earcups :triportsad: Now i have to play the waiting game again to see what the dealer will be able to do about it.

They sound phenomenal, though! :L3000:
Oh, that's a bummer! Glad that you like the sound though!. I'm itching to get my mittens on these things.

Feb 23, 2019 at 6:19 PM Post #1,165 of 7,330
"I was spellbound by Chan Marshall's sultry vocals on her latest Cat Power album, Wanderer, with a set of Audeze LCD MX4 headphones. The sound balance was warmer, mid bass was richer, the music was more "organic" than what was coming from the Diana Phi. The MX4 was my Headphone of the Year in 2018, but switching over to the Diana Phi, Marshall's vocals came through with more presence -- I felt like I was at the session. Thanks to the Diana Phi's superior dynamic punch, the music sounded more alive; cymbals sounded airier and more detailed. The MX4 was more relaxed -- it took the energy down peg or two. Both headphones have very potent, cleanly defined low bass."

So... The MX4 was so much better than the Phi until I switched to the Phi which was much better...

flat,800x800,075,f.u1.jpg

Users who are viewing this thread

Back