1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.

Dismiss Notice

Diana: the second release by Abyss Headphones!

Discussion in 'High-end Audio Forum' started by music alchemist, Aug 13, 2015.
First

Back
53 54 55 56 57 58 59 60 61 62
64 65 66 67 68 69 70 71 72 73
Next

Last
  1. Beagle
    Why am I not getting alerts anymore for this thread and many others? The alerts are so inconsistent in the last 6 months or so. Anyone else having this problem?

2. MacedonianHero Contributor
    Settling in with some Rebecca Pidgeon's "The Raven" and the Eleven Audio Broadway and the Diana headphones and damn, these things are stat-like in terms of their quickness and transparency! A touch of warmth is very pleasing with this amplifier and when I plugged these headphones in (balanced setup front-to-back), wow! The headphones may be small, but the sound staging is very wide; both left to right and front to back. Tonality is spot on...I wouldn't personally change a thing!

3. Beagle
    So I need to shell out another $3000 CDN to hear what you're hearing? :anguished::astonished::grin:

4. muffin9988
    Sounds like the combo with the new Eleven Audio amp is excellent, I'm curious to hear your thoughts on how much juice Diana needs to shine and if there is a noticeable step up from your portable gear to desktop DAC/AMPs

Maxx134 likes this.
  5. MacedonianHero Contributor
    I can play them with my iPhone 8...so they aren't anywhere as power hungry as the Abyss Phi, that said, they do respond to more power too.

It's a pretty fantastic combination that's for sure Dave. Great headphones for sure...you called it!

6. Maxx134
    To shine, around 1watt.
    To get rediculously good (dynamics) , 2 and up..
    You got more, they show more.
    Transparent as anything.
    Think utopia mating Susvera, you get Diana..

muffin9988 and soullinker20 like this.
  7. Beagle
    What's the best amp you've heard for the Diana? Or top two?

8. Maxx134
    Top 3 because your supposed to deal with 3.

1- the Cayin HA-300 (a 300b headphone amp)
    2-The Allnic T1500 (a 300b speaker amp)
    3- My own modded LDMK8 tube amp

TBH the Diana is like the Utopia in mid-range transparency so it just shines when used with tube amps,
    which give more life than sterile solid state.
    Yet with Diana it needs power for reaching its potential, and why I said at least one watt.
    That's Its just how it is (for me).

Last edited: Apr 30, 2018
    Beagle likes this.
  9. Joe Skubinski
    ABYSS Headphones We engineer, machine, and build our headphones from scratch in New York, USA. Stay updated on ABYSS Headphones at their sponsor page on Head-Fi.

https://www.facebook.com/AbyssHeadphones https://twitter.com/AbyssHeadphones https://www.instagram.com/abyssheadphones/ https://abyss-headphones.com/ info@Abyss-Headphones.com
    Beagle likes this.
  10. LaCuffia
    Just curious as to how the Diana would sound out of an under $1K amp like the Cayin IHA-6. I know the Diana is supposed to be easier to drive than the Phi, but don't know if you still have to go super high end to get great performance. The IHA-6 seems to have a lot of power, is said to pair well with planars, and it's currently selling for only $699.

11. MacedonianHero Contributor
    These headphones sound great out of the FiiO X5MkIII and iDSD BL Nano. Just brilliant. That said, they do step up from my Hugo 2 and amazing out of the DAVE.

12. Jozurr
    How do you like the Diana compared to the Utopias?

13. MacedonianHero Contributor
    Both are in my top 5 headphones. The advantage with the Diana is that you can take them with you on the go; something you can't really with the Utopia. :wink: The Diana are the real deal and the best on-the-go pair of headphones I've heard. As mentioned, they sounded so good, I put them in my personal top 5 list. My review of the Diana headphones should be out within a few weeks in case you're interested. :)

14. LaCuffia
    The Diana was the best headphone I heard at CanJam NYC. I don’t how they can get such a big and powerful sound in such a compact design. The build quality is exceptional too.

It’s also mightily impressive that a company like Abyss can surpass other much larger planar headphone manufacturers.

Maxx134 likes this.
  15. Beagle
    Yes please!

First

Back
53 54 55 56 57 58 59 60 61 62
64 65 66 67 68 69 70 71 72 73
Next

Last