Diana: the second release by Abyss Headphones!

Discussion in 'High-end Audio Forum' started by music alchemist, Aug 13, 2015.
First

Back
32 33 34 35 36 37 38 39 40 41
Page 42 of 73
43 44 45 46 47 48 49 50 51 52
Next

Last
  1. LaCuffia
    Excellent review, a nicely balanced opinion.

So I assume there is no issue with this being over ear / under ear. I know there are some headphones that straddle the line and that’s kind of annoying. For example, Ultrasone advertises as over ear for most of their models but inner ear pad openings are so small.

2. Beagle
    My ears fit in just fine. I think they came up with the ideal compromise without affecting the original intended sound.

3. PeteSTRADAMUS
    @Beagle How would you compare these to the Utopia? If you are able to. Thank's
    -`

soullinker20 likes this.
  4. LaCuffia
    The design is definitely not orthodox but the construction seems solid and the materials premium. You get the sense that a lot of care and craftsmanship went into it. But won’t know for sure until I test them out next month.

Last edited: Dec 27, 2017
  5. FastAndClean
    i love the look, they are so cute
    [​IMG]

6. LaCuffia
    I am becoming partial to the brown too. Thought just black would be my preference but the brown is cool.

7. FastAndClean
    the brown is so classy, retro vibe to it

PeteSTRADAMUS likes this.
  8. LaCuffia
    If Obi-Wan Kenobi had worn headphones, it would have definitely been the coffee colored Diana.

Hifiearspeakers likes this.
  9. PeteSTRADAMUS
    I agree.

10. Whazzzup
    I just dunno what to make of them. Want to like em for some reason...

11. Beagle
    I never heard the Utopia. I do have the Elear. And if the Elear is 80% of the Utopia, the Diana is better than the Utopia because (to me) the Diana sounds 70% better than the Elear. How's that?

12. ufospls2
    I have to say, the updated final production pads do look sumptuous. I can't wait to get my ears on a pair of these some day.

13. LaCuffia
    Both the Elear and Utopia received massive hype when they came out and now the praise has been tempered a bit and the pricing has gone down. I wasn’t that much of a fan of either. They are of course very good but just don’t do it for me. The Clear is getting raves too. Tyll called the Utopia the greatest last year but it was apparently an outlier model and not consistent with tuning of majority that were manufactured. Now he’s saying the Clear is the best....

FastAndClean and PeteSTRADAMUS like this.
  14. FastAndClean
    i im gonna use my HE500 and dreaming for Diana, they are to expensive for me

15. PeteSTRADAMUS
    Yeah, I noticed that too. lol

First

Back
32 33 34 35 36 37 38 39 40 41
Page 42 of 73
43 44 45 46 47 48 49 50 51 52
Next

Last