Diana: the second release by Abyss Headphones!
Jul 1, 2022 at 4:03 PM Post #5,642 of 7,233
Since I had my TCs I have had the pad seam position in the back/lower slots. It never occurred to me to play around with this, because it *looks* like the correct position for the pads to be in based on the shape of a (well my) head. I switched them to back/upper position, and was pleasantly surprised by the result. The bass is accentuated, it sounds more airy with the gap, and its actually comfortable too. If anyone hasn't, have a play around with this as its a nice little EQ for the TCs.

Thanks for the tip, I'm testing this position now. Need to readjust the headband position on your head compared to the "default" one with the pad in back/lower slot but as always I get the best sound when I shift the headband on the back on my head.

Jul 1, 2022 at 8:15 PM Post #5,643 of 7,233
has it been sent to you on loan or to keep in exchange for your review?
Just review as always. For my Phi TC review, I just reviewed my own personal pair that I had already owned.

Last edited:
Jul 3, 2022 at 11:19 AM Post #5,644 of 7,233
ABYSS Headphones We engineer, machine, and build our headphones from scratch in New York, USA. Stay updated on ABYSS Headphones at their sponsor profile on Head-Fi.

https://www.facebook.com/AbyssHeadphones https://twitter.com/AbyssHeadphones https://www.instagram.com/abyssheadphones/ https://abyss-headphones.com/ info@Abyss-Headphones.com
Jul 5, 2022 at 12:25 PM Post #5,646 of 7,233
Can someone compare the Diana v2 and Arya Stealth..anyone prefer the Arya Stealth?

Possible to happen if someone prefer airy and big ambience feels but in exchange of overall refinement, "dense" tonality and fluidity of Diana V2.

Jul 5, 2022 at 12:36 PM Post #5,647 of 7,233
Can someone compare the Diana v2 and Arya Stealth..anyone prefer the Arya Stealth?
Honestly having the Arya and the Diana TC, there are some genres that i prefer in the Arya just due to its ability to stage. But going back to the Aryas from the TCs, it feels like there is a tiny grainy film over the music. That just shows how resolving/clear the TCs really are.

Jul 5, 2022 at 7:28 PM Post #5,649 of 7,233
After a week of some burn in, I'm finally starting to make some critical listening notes and the complete lack of any grain and the utmost clarity has me rethinking just how much size really matters? While they are quite thin and transportable, they sound B-I-G...almost on par with my beloved AB-1266 Phi TC (almost :wink:). I don't want to get ahead of myself too much, but so far, I am very impressed with the Diana TC. I loved the Diana V2, but these are a good step up to my ears! My setup tonight is Tidal --> Chord DAVE--> Enleum AMP-23R. So far, it is tickling all the right spots in my brain.

Jul 5, 2022 at 7:53 PM Post #5,650 of 7,233
After a week of some burn in, I'm finally starting to make some critical listening notes and the complete lack of any grain and the utmost clarity has me rethinking just how much size really matters? While they are quite thin and transportable, they sound B-I-G...almost on par with my beloved AB-1266 Phi TC (almost :wink:). I don't want to get ahead of myself too much, but so far, I am very impressed with the Diana TC. I loved the Diana V2, but these are a good step up to my ears! My setup tonight is Tidal --> Chord DAVE--> Enleum AMP-23R. So far, it is tickling all the right spots in my brain.
It's pretty close enough almost.

Jul 6, 2022 at 4:15 AM Post #5,651 of 7,233
To follow up on this, I seem to get the best result with the pad seam positioned in the back/upper position, the improvement in bass heft is quite substantial without bleeding into the mid but the tradeoff is the mid becomes slightly shoutier and less rounded.

Thanks for the tip, I'm testing this position now. Need to readjust the headband position on your head compared to the "default" one with the pad in back/lower slot but as always I get the best sound when I shift the headband on the back on my head.

Jul 8, 2022 at 11:49 AM Post #5,653 of 7,233
To follow up on this, I seem to get the best result with the pad seam positioned in the back/upper position, the improvement in bass heft is quite substantial without bleeding into the mid but the tradeoff is the mid becomes slightly shoutier and less rounded.
This is where I landed as well, though I do go back and forth between it, and spacer in the normal position (back/lower). While the mids stay perfect for me, there isn't enough gap for air to avoid my jaw movements creating enough pressure to annoy the drivers.

Jul 8, 2022 at 3:07 PM Post #5,654 of 7,233
Just tried out what many here have been describing to put the seam of the pads to the back/top position (instead of back/bottom) and I do agree that the bass is a lot more punchy but then i also loose quite a bit of mid-range/treble definition. i personally could not live with that change but understand why other bass-heavy genres might benefit from it.

Jul 8, 2022 at 5:42 PM Post #5,655 of 7,233
It really depends on your usage but I agree with you.

I mostly listen to jazz/OSTs so I leave it in stock but I also listen a lot of electro/house and the tweak comes in handy.

I dont know how to EQ a bass shelf or anything about DSP otherwise Id adjust to preference.

Ill occasionally use my iFi Zen Can for the analogue bass boost and combined with the rotated Diana Phi (new) pads its really thumping house music.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back