Diana: the second release by Abyss Headphones!

Discussion in 'High-end Audio Forum' started by music alchemist, Aug 13, 2015.
First

Back
21 22 23 24 25 26 27 28 29 30
Page 31 of 73
32 33 34 35 36 37 38 39 40 41
Next

Last
  1. Blitzula
    Thanks for all the input.

Darn, that sucks about head size...I've got a Mensa head: (. Maybe I'd have to see about the Abyss with a custom headband.

2. mulder01
    hmm I thought the idea of the Diana headband was such that it closed shut but with minimal force. That's a shame if it's rather clamp-y.
    Abyss headband can be bent to fit your head (or you can get Abyss to do it for you if you already know it will be tight when you order)

3. Beagle
    Wouldn't it be strange to think that often you are paying extra money for salaries rather than improvement in sound quality? I have no preference as to where something is assembled as long as there's a warranty. The design and parts are what is key.

4. PeteSTRADAMUS
    I remember when I used to be a sales coordinator for a manufacturer in NJ that made bakery racks. The made in the USA was a premium compared to the ones that were brought over from China.

5. Beagle
    Yup, the old chicken or the egg. We Westerners need the high salaries in order to afford the goods that cost what they do because of those high salaries.

6. PeteSTRADAMUS
    It's strange actually, a lot of products cost more in Europe and they make less money in certain regions. I think we are spoiled in the States.

7. Beagle
    Same with Canada. Salaries are probably competitive with the US but the dollar is 20% lower.

8. PeteSTRADAMUS
    We really have no room to complain, like ever lol

9. JohanGao
    What I was afraid is the price would be raised because they change the pad bigger. Bigger pads takes more material, and more material means more cost.:ksc75smile:.... Just a joke...:beyersmile::beyersmile:

10. mulder01
    yeah RRP is going up to $2999.50 to cover the extra foam
    $2999.00 if you pre order tho :wink:

11. Beagle
    It's gotten very quiet in here. Too quiet. Where is everybody?

12. MacedonianHero Contributor
    Any updates on the release date?

13. mulder01
    I suppose nobody has a pair yet...

I believe Diana is at a show in Asia somewhere, so I don't think we'll see any impressions from that on here.

14. MacedonianHero Contributor
    I was shocked at how big they sounded. For a portable headphone, they had a massive sound stage. Comfort looked to be a bit finicky when looking at their photos, but physically they were quite comfortable when I tried them on with minimal adjustment. The Abyss Phi took a few days of playing to get them in comparison.

15. mahesvara
    This is surprising to hear. I heard the Diana myself at RMAF, and I recall the soundstage to actually be as narrow as the Utopia when I first got it. I even asked the reps at the show and they acknowledged the soundstage to be small.

First

Back
21 22 23 24 25 26 27 28 29 30
Page 31 of 73
32 33 34 35 36 37 38 39 40 41
Next

Last