Diana: the second release by Abyss Headphones!
Jan 13, 2021 at 12:27 AM Post #3,256 of 7,332
It's not a critical review. It's a misleading (at best) review.

"Malign"? LOL. When you put yourself in front of people and make dubious claims you should have thick skin.
your post is a an example of what i mean. it is a critical review that you believe is misleading, and @amirm has been maligned here for publishing it on his own website. as i said, i've seen this before and i know where it's going.

Last edited:
Jan 13, 2021 at 12:30 AM Post #3,257 of 7,332
your post is a an example of what i mean. it is a critical review that you believe is misleading. and @asimiri has been maligned here for publishing it on his own website.
Just curious, who is it to judge whether the review is a critical review or a misleading review?

Last edited:
Jan 13, 2021 at 12:41 AM Post #3,258 of 7,332
Just curious, who is it to judge whether the review a critical review or a misleading review?
are you really? :wink: the review is critical of the diana v2. if you read over the last few pages you will find that some folks regard it as misleading as well.

Jan 13, 2021 at 12:43 AM Post #3,259 of 7,332
are you really? :wink: the review is critical of the diana v2. if you read over the last few pages you will find that some folks regard it as misleading as well.
Ah, I think what I mean by critical is that it is a rigorous, well conducted review; like that in critical thinking.

Jan 13, 2021 at 12:47 AM Post #3,260 of 7,332
To add to that, I think people are OK with drawing negative reviews for the gear, so long as the review itself is well-conducted, with no obvious flaws. Otherwise, the review is misleading and the conclusion could be useless.

I think people in the earlier posts are NOT just concerned with the fact that it is a review attacking the Diana. Rather, they think it is unfair that such conclusions are drawn from a measurement that is not well-conducted.

Last edited:
Jan 13, 2021 at 12:50 AM Post #3,262 of 7,332
In my opinion, the only way to definitively prove that the ASR review is wrong and misleading is to come up with counter measurements that prove that the Diana V2 indeed measures well. Bickering here is useless.

Now the burden of execution falls on Abyss themselves. They clearly questioned Amir's integrity. How about standing by those words? Give us measurements that show that Diana V2 does not distort and measures well. If Abyss can do that we can all say that ASR review is misleading and not trust his future reviews until he revises his methods.

Honestly, we should strive for these companies to be transparent instead of fanboying their products. If Abyss stands by their products then show us.

Jan 13, 2021 at 12:54 AM Post #3,263 of 7,332
Just curious, who is it to judge whether the review is a critical review or a misleading review?
Someone who has better measurements of the Diana and can explain clearly with examples and graphs that what Amir did was wrong. If Abyss can do this then they can proudly claim that his review is misleading. That is what we should expect from them instead of taking their words(without any explanation whatsoever) as gospel.

Jan 13, 2021 at 1:03 AM Post #3,264 of 7,332
To add to that, I think people are OK with drawing negative reviews for the gear, so long as the review itself is well-conducted, with no obvious flaws. Otherwise, the review is misleading and the conclusion could be useless.

I think people in the earlier post are NOT concerned with the fact that it is a review attacking the Diana. Rather, they think it is unfair that such conclusions are drawn from a measurement that is not well-conducted.
i disagree.

tyll hertsen wrote comprehensive headphone reviews that were not just informative but educational. they included his subjective impressions and headphone measurements. that did not prevent him from being savaged at times by disgruntled headphone owners who were unhappy with his assessments.

Jan 13, 2021 at 1:16 AM Post #3,265 of 7,332
i disagree.

tyll hertsen wrote comprehensive headphone reviews that were not just informative but educational. they included his subjective impressions and headphone measurements. that did not prevent him from being savaged at times by disgruntled headphone owners who were unhappy with his assessments.
I think we are talking about Amirm’s review here? People are unhappy with his review because they think it is not well conducted, not just because he is saying bad things about the Diana.

How are people treating Tyll’s review? Well that is a different reviewer and with a different group of audience. Not related to the discussion here on Amirm’s review quality.

Jan 13, 2021 at 1:39 AM Post #3,267 of 7,332
So in the meantime we should just take Amir's words as gospel I guess? Messiah much?
It shouldn't take more than 5 mins for Abyss to release their measurements they made when they were prototyping the V2.

Jan 13, 2021 at 1:40 AM Post #3,268 of 7,332
I think we are talking about Amirm’s review here? People are unhappy with his review because they think it is not well conducted, not just because he is saying bad things about the Diana.

How are people treating Tyll’s review? Well that is a different reviewer and with a different group of audience. Not related to the discussion here on Amirm’s review quality.
the first sentence in your post appeared to be making a general point, which i don't subscribe to. i mentioned tyll by way of example because it contrasts with that point.

nor do i share your view that @amirm's measurement methodology is the sole reason why some folks have reacted adversely to his review.

if you wish to continue this off-topic discussion, feel free to pm me. thanks.

Last edited:
Jan 13, 2021 at 1:56 AM Post #3,269 of 7,332
It shouldn't take more than 5 mins for Abyss to release their measurements they made when they were prototyping the V2.

With this I agree. I'm simply stating that Abyss not releasing measurements doesn't automatically make Amir correct. He went on about how hard it was to seat them properly and how many times he had to take measurements. But instead of saying "due to seating issues I can't reliably measure them and therefore it's not appropriate to publish results", he went with whatever he got and dispensed with a verdict. This is not science, it's cranking out content to generate clicks and eyeballs for his website.

Last edited:

Users who are viewing this thread

Back