Diana Krall album suggestions
May 4, 2002 at 10:46 PM Thread Starter Post #1 of 11

Ob3ron

100+ Head-Fier
If any of you Diana Krall lovers out there could have only one album of hers, which would it be? I'm going to purchase a disc of hers for my mom's b'day and am just wondering if there is any kind of consensus about a particular disc which best captures her beautiful voice.

May 5, 2002 at 5:53 PM Post #3 of 11
If you can play DVD's, I would pick up the new Live in Paris DVD that came out recently. It has over 2 hours of songs and musicians are great. It was $20 at Circuit City.

May 5, 2002 at 6:30 PM Post #4 of 11
yeap, we've got a dvd player, but I doubt that my mother would ever actually watch/listen to a concert dvd. Now a cd on the other hand, she'd listen to! She's pretty set in her ways
wink.gif

May 5, 2002 at 6:31 PM Post #5 of 11
Second the "All for You" nomination, right now that's my current Krall favorite. Haven't heard the DVD, and the new "Look of Love" album is good but IMO not as good as "All for You". Good luck!

May 5, 2002 at 9:33 PM Post #7 of 11
Quote:

but if I was buying for someone's mom I would definitely pick "When I look in your eyes". She will love it!

Just curious, but what makes you suggest that instead? Perhaps I'm missing something painfully obvious here?
tongue.gif

May 5, 2002 at 9:43 PM Post #8 of 11
Ob3ron wrote: Just curious, but what makes you suggest that instead? Perhaps I'm missing something painfully obvious here?

No, nothing painfully obvious being missed.
smily_headphones1.gif

Most women I have played these albums for like "When I look in your eyes" best. It's the most romantic of the three DeanA mentioned earlier, though you can't lose with any of the albums suggested so far.

May 5, 2002 at 10:02 PM Post #9 of 11
Quote:

Originally posted by hokiefritz
Most women I have played these albums for like "When I look in your eyes" best. It's the most romantic of the three DeanA mentioned earlier, though you can't lose with any of the albums suggested so far.

No argument, but we are talking about a Son's gift to his Mother.
wink.gif

May 6, 2002 at 12:50 AM Post #11 of 11
Quote:

No argument, but we are talking about a Son's gift to his Mother

heheh thanks Dean for the rip-roaring belly laugh
tongue.gif
In light of your explanation hokiefritz, mebbe I'll save that one for my girl-friend
cool.gif
Many thanks for the advice fellas, I think I'll go with "All For You".

Users who are viewing this thread

Back