Dialogue II noise floor
Mar 22, 2006 at 3:40 AM Thread Starter Post #1 of 2

dk123

100+ Head-Fier
I've been using the Dialogue II DAC for a few weeks, and for the most part, I am enjoying the type of sound it is producing. However, there is a bit of a noise issue that I can't seem to get rid of. There is a noticeable degree of hum if I listen to something loudly, but still within my comfort range. I've tried using a cheater plug, and tried different outlets, but it doesn't affect the problem. Does anyone with this DAC have this problem, and if so, are there any fixes?

Mar 23, 2006 at 6:53 PM Post #2 of 2
My Dialogue II is certainly not completely black.

I tried running the DII direct into an amplifier (using the Squeezebox's internal digital volume) and I found there was too much noise at my listening level. I had to have the SB's volume down way down (around 3-5) to make it work with the 500wpc amp, and that was too close to the noise floor of the DAC. So I got a lot of hiss and noise.

Since then I bought Scott Endler stepped signal attenuators and now I'm running the SB at max output through the dac and now have no problems as the attenuation is done after the DAC instead of before it.

-Dan

Users who are viewing this thread

Back