Diablo's are Surfacing!
Nov 1, 2007 at 1:28 PM Post #361 of 805
Well, that does have a nice conspiracy-theory ring to it, I have to admit...

Nov 1, 2007 at 2:46 PM Post #362 of 805
My comment would be that Larry may be disorganized, but he isn't stupid!
smily_headphones1.gif

Nov 1, 2007 at 4:13 PM Post #364 of 805
Quote:

Originally Posted by flashbak /img/forum/go_quote.gif
My comment would be that Larry may be disorganized, but he isn't stupid!
smily_headphones1.gif

Larry is stupid if he believes that his next product will presell like hotcakes here, and that's even IF he delivers all the Diablos.

-Ed

Nov 1, 2007 at 5:05 PM Post #365 of 805
Quote:

Originally Posted by n_maher
Yeah, giant shocker that the only people to receive amps so far are one person who was about to go to a big head-fi meet and the other who despite canceling his order will review it and generate a ton of buzz. The giant hose job continues...

Quote:

Originally Posted by Skylab /img/forum/go_quote.gif
Well, that does have a nice conspiracy-theory ring to it, I have to admit...

My thinking was along conspiracy lines when the idea hit me, but the way Nate dissects it- it seems more like a no-brainer. Especially since Larry didn't return your e-mails- you'd think he'd be a little bit concerned about a wayward amp that should've been in a waiting customer's hands like NickKnutson,for example. And Duncan, granting permission to give it a full review, essentially turning the amp into a used or demo model. It's no coincedence.

Nov 1, 2007 at 5:54 PM Post #366 of 805
Unfortunately, something's not right! Here we are, Thursday already (tomorrow will be a full week) since according to Larry (via Duncan) he'd ship out the remainder of all US amps. I've only seen one person report receipt of an amp during this time, and that amp was shipped out earlier then this timespan. So, why aren't we receiving our amps?

Nov 1, 2007 at 7:03 PM Post #368 of 805
There really needs to be a shipping list and/or confirmation that amps were shipped. Tracking numbers?

RIDE

Nov 1, 2007 at 7:27 PM Post #369 of 805
Quote:

Originally Posted by Pete7 /img/forum/go_quote.gif
My thinking was along conspiracy lines when the idea hit me, but the way Nate dissects it- it seems more like a no-brainer. Especially since Larry didn't return your e-mails- you'd think he'd be a little bit concerned about a wayward amp that should've been in a waiting customer's hands like NickKnutson,for example. And Duncan, granting permission to give it a full review, essentially turning the amp into a used or demo model. It's no coincedence.

Butthink abt it if he did wnat skylab to review it he should have been extremely confident as he would know after what has happended sky lab would rip him apart in the review if he had a bad product ,,could be he has a lil wonder and he is dead confident so thats why he did send it to sky(assuming though lol).Because if it was bad and a negative review from skylab would have half his cuosmters aksing for a refund right away wiht out even listenin lol.

So the good thing is we just might have a portable master piece around lol....

Nov 1, 2007 at 7:57 PM Post #371 of 805
No doubt about that - I have lots of reasons NOT to like the Diablo, based on my awful ordeal.

Hint about review: very good, but not world-beating sound. World-beating industrial design design, and excellent features.

Nov 1, 2007 at 8:05 PM Post #372 of 805
Quote:

Originally Posted by nickknutson /img/forum/go_quote.gif
Duncan just posted Larry's phone number on his forum!

He may regret doing that if Larry decides to change his phone number and then even Duncan won't be able to get in touch with him. Bad idea in my book.

Quote:

Originally Posted by Skylab
<review preview, or whatever...>

Oh look, it's product buzz.
rolleyes.gif

Nov 1, 2007 at 8:08 PM Post #373 of 805
That constitutes buzz, Mr. Maher?

Nov 1, 2007 at 9:30 PM Post #374 of 805
n_maher;3404319 said:
He may regret doing that if Larry decides to change his phone number and then even Duncan won't be able to get in touch with him. Bad idea in my book.QUOTE]

It appears that Larry asked Duncan to post not only his phone number, but his address as well (which he has done in the ipast forum). Larry even suggesed that anyone who cares to, may stop by the shop to view the status of things for themselves.

I wonder if anyone will take him up on this?

RIDE

Nov 1, 2007 at 9:48 PM Post #375 of 805
Quote:

Originally Posted by nickknutson /img/forum/go_quote.gif
I don't think that question could ever be answered. Hopefully, they arrive very soon...I'm growing impatient.

If you are just now growing impatient then you have the patience of Job
smily_headphones1.gif

Seriously wishing you the best on your purchase!

Users who are viewing this thread

Back