DHT Addicts
Apr 12, 2011 at 12:58 AM Post #46 of 81
KingStyles are you going for the new production, the re issues or the originals?
Have you decided yet?

Apr 12, 2011 at 1:15 AM Post #47 of 81
Don't be miss lead Western Electric is not the same company that WE was when they where part of AT&T.

Below is a link that will tell you the history of Western Electric. I read the link and found out one thing I didn't know about the Old WE company and that  they developed Orthophonic phonograph back in the 20's. I just wounder if that is why the Original WE300B sound the way it does with my HE-6 Ortho's.

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Western_Electric

Apr 12, 2011 at 1:15 AM Post #48 of 81
I am going to go for the new production if they ever come out. They should be the same as the re issues. Same hardware and machinery, just a different location.

Apr 12, 2011 at 5:14 AM Post #49 of 81
I know that its not the same as the original western electric, however it is supposed to be the same design, albeit different materials.  I am however at peace with not being able to afford the original WE300B, and am willing to give the new prod a shot for around $900.00.  I tried talking to the folks you pointed me to but I've gotten no response, and based on our discussion about them, I do not really want to push.  So I will have to remain jealous of your 300Bs and try the new prods whenever they come out.  
o2smile.gif

Apr 12, 2011 at 5:41 AM Post #50 of 81
I think we need a blind test here with the same setup comparing between the original WE300B,  Reissue WE300B and
new production WE 300B, may be with other 300B like the new Royal Princess.  And then let's the users decide which one
they should go after with their settings,  cost and ability to find that 300B as  factors for consideration.  Can the head-fi
community give this answer?

Apr 12, 2011 at 10:15 AM Post #51 of 81
[size=10pt]As far as the 300B tube rolling goes, at least on my CARY CAD 300B SEI + K1000, it really depends on your amp and headphones/speakers which one you may like more or less. So far, I tried Sophia's Princess B/N, Black Treasure Shuguang, KR's 300B tubular type, AVVT 32B and AVVT C37 and to me last 3, which I still own, in the line are the good match for Cary+K1000, where C37, most probably, are the best. I also tried TJ Full Music "Mesh" Globe and found them to freaking romantic, come pretty close to Sophia's, where Sophia's are "better" choice. Chinese tubes, except Black's, have a very good WOW effect, but longer you listen to them, sooner you understand what you got. Why except Black's? Because these were, again in my Cary, more dynamic, with pretty good low end, but nothing comparable to KR's or AVVT's, because the whole picture is not like it must be, it must sound not only punchy or what ever, but the overall balance is very important, however they had around 100 hours only, so, who knows how they will sound after 300 or so, but their finish was poor, really, and made me sick to look at them. At that price point, no way I am going to compromise, so, I buy the good ones only.[/size]
[size=10pt]And my list still open, cos EAT, WE's and new production Svetlana's are there, but also KR Globe shape, which seems to be a very unique KR design that helped them to create the amazing sound sig, which is very close to WE's, but have much deeper and tighter low end with all WE glory included, however to complete this list I probably ended up to break in to the bank or something…[/size]
[size=10pt]But for now, C37 are burning in, less than 50 hours, more to go, but they sound absolutely wonderful already, so, maybe I don't have to, after all…[/size]

Apr 12, 2011 at 10:20 AM Post #52 of 81
I would be very happy if the new WE300B would cost me less than $1500. We shall see.

Apr 12, 2011 at 10:36 AM Post #53 of 81
I believe there intention was to be at $900.00? for a matched pair.  Perhaps, that has changed but I didn't think they were looking to be that high in price.

Apr 12, 2011 at 10:43 AM Post #54 of 81

Quote:
[size=10pt]And my list still open, cos EAT, WE's and new production Svetlana's are there, but also KR Globe shape, which seems to be a very unique KR design that helped them to create the amazing sound sig, which is very close to WE's, but have much deeper and tighter low end with all WE glory included, however to complete this list I probably ended up to break in to the bank or something…[/size]
[size=10pt]But for now, C37 are burning in, less than 50 hours, more to go, but they sound absolutely wonderful already, so, maybe I don't have to, after all…[/size]

KR Globe shape do you mean the 300B Baloon?

http://www.kraudio.com/index.php?option=com_content&view=article&id=42%3A300b_baloon&catid=4&Itemid=7&lang=en

I have the EAT, I feel like they are a very dynamic tube, not really romantic.

Apr 12, 2011 at 11:06 AM Post #55 of 81
Apr 12, 2011 at 11:06 AM Post #56 of 81
I hope so. The current market price for old new production WE 300B is more than $1500 already. If the NEW new production sounds better than the old new production and any of its competitors', it's reasonable for setting a higher price. One more factor is US dollar depreciated significantly today.

Quote:
I believe there intention was to be at $900.00? for a matched pair.  Perhaps, that has changed but I didn't think they were looking to be that high in price.

Apr 12, 2011 at 11:38 AM Post #57 of 81
I can always pose the question to WE, they have seemed to be informative and responsive to my questioning so far.

Quote:
I hope so. The current market price for old new production WE 300B is more than $1500 already. If the NEW new production sounds better than the old new production and any of its competitors', it's reasonable for setting a higher price. One more factor is US dollar depreciated significantly today.

Apr 12, 2011 at 1:55 PM Post #58 of 81
Blackmore there is not a lot of difference between the globe and bottle style KR I've been told from people who own both.
The AVVT AV300B-SL-C37 is more musical than the AVVT AV32B-SL and EAT 300B.
I will try to compare with KR and JJ to get a better picture.

Apr 12, 2011 at 2:17 PM Post #59 of 81

You just made my list shorter, so, maybe I dont have break in to the bank after all:)

Quote:
Blackmore there is not a lot of difference between the globe and bottle style KR I've been told from people who own both.
The AVVT AV300B-SL-C37 is more musical than the AVVT AV32B-SL and EAT 300B.
I will try to compare with KR and JJ to get a better picture.

Apr 12, 2011 at 3:07 PM Post #60 of 81
And shorter still if I tell you that this well respected Head Fier and friend who owns the EML and WE re issues loves the AVVT AV300B-SL-C37!

Users who are viewing this thread

Back