DHC Impressions and Reviews
Oct 4, 2011 at 11:36 PM Post #18 of 60
Nice write up Tonyflo! Enjoyed reading your impressions of Peter's cables.

Recently replaced HD650 stock cable with Blue Dragon v3 and was amazed at the improvements it made.
So my LCD2s will arrive later today, which gives me time to listen with the stock cable before my DHC cable comes. I'm sure to be amazed once more
beyersmile.png

Oct 5, 2011 at 5:22 PM Post #19 of 60
Thanks! Yes, I continue to be impressed. I've been burning in the cable each night while I sleep to try to accelerate the process, and I feel like it's working. Each day, the music seems to become a little crisper and more transparent. 

Really happy with this purchase so far, and can't believe I endured the stock cable for 6 months. Never again!

Look forward to your thoughts on how the LCD-2 sounds with the DHC cable ......

Quote:
Nice write up Tonyflo! Enjoyed reading your impressions of Peter's cables.

Recently replaced HD650 stock cable with Blue Dragon v3 and was amazed at the improvements it made.
So my LCD2s will arrive later today, which gives me time to listen with the stock cable before my DHC cable comes. I'm sure to be amazed once more
beyersmile.png

Oct 9, 2011 at 7:47 PM Post #20 of 60
P.S. - I would love to hear impressions of the Spore cable at some point. Seems outrageous, but also very intriguing. My dream would be to have that on a pair of LCD-2's :) 

Oct 9, 2011 at 8:12 PM Post #21 of 60

Quote:
P.S. - I would love to hear impressions of the Spore cable at some point. Seems outrageous, but also very intriguing. My dream would be to have that on a pair of LCD-2's :) 

X2. It's way beyond my reach LOL.

Oct 9, 2011 at 8:18 PM Post #22 of 60

Quote:
Thanks! Yes, I continue to be impressed. I've been burning in the cable each night while I sleep to try to accelerate the process, and I feel like it's working. Each day, the music seems to become a little crisper and more transparent. 

Really happy with this purchase so far, and can't believe I endured the stock cable for 6 months. Never again!

Look forward to your thoughts on how the LCD-2 sounds with the DHC cable ......

I listened to the LCD-2s with the stock cable and can't say I was that impressed. My hopes are riding on Peter's cable!! 

Oct 18, 2011 at 10:21 AM Post #26 of 60
How did it affect the sound of the JH16's? Congrats on the cable.

Oct 18, 2011 at 8:32 PM Post #27 of 60

Quote:
How did it affect the sound of the JH16's? Congrats on the cable.

The sound is more transparent, and you can hear better separation of the instruments, cymbals now are more audible.  the stock cable i always find the sound is a bit too bright for my liking, and now the sound is much more "warm" and "musical", and also less fatigue for longer listening session.   I use to switch to my EX1000 for a bit more laid-back listening, and now i guess i can sell my EX1000 already.     My cable is only burn-in more 8 hrs and so I hope it will get better.     Only downside is probably the cable is thicker now and not as "portable" as before, but for the better sound i don't mind.   

Oct 18, 2011 at 9:31 PM Post #29 of 60
I like to think of it as people's own ears burning in as they get used to the sound.  That being said, some say 100-300 hours.  

Oct 18, 2011 at 9:43 PM Post #30 of 60
I noticed a significant difference after about 50 hours. I think I'm at 80+ hours right now, so I'm sure getting over 100-200 will keep seeing improvements. 

In terms of what I noticed, it just seemed smoother, more detail and clarity, less "veiled" sound ... also what I'll say is that this cable is strange because it's brings out a lot more subtle detail, yet also seems more forgiving in a sense. Not that it would hide "artifacts" or whatever, no, you will still hear those .... however, it seems to accentuate the positive enough to where you sometimes notice negatives less.

For instance, I wanted to listen to a song that I didn't have on my rig (Pumped Up Kicks/Foster the People), and so I just listened to it on Youtube .... it sounded great! Obviously, compressed and far from perfect - but there's a musicality to the cables that can even make average files/recordings at least fun to listen to. 

One question for Peter though ...  you think you'll offer a pre-burned option at some point in the future? 

I ask because let's say I get the Compliment for the LCD-3 in single-ended, balanced mode .... well, I might not be able to leave the player running for days at a time, or each night -- so if there was a pre-burned option with at least 50-100 hours, that would be awesome. 

Quote:
I like to think of it as people's own ears burning in as they get used to the sound.  That being said, some say 100-300 hours.  

Users who are viewing this thread

Back