DH Labs Silver Sonic BL-1 Mini to RCA
Nov 22, 2002 at 2:50 AM Thread Starter Post #1 of 7

akar

500+ Head-Fier
I just picked up a DH Labs Silver Sonic BL-1 Mini to RCA in a 2 meter length.
I was all set to get a Kimber mini to RCA from HeadRoom, but I needed a 2 meter length and their longest is 1 meter.
Moon Audio will make you pretty much any kind of custom interconnect you want, they use DH Labs Silver Sonic BL-1.

Here are a couple pics:

Nov 22, 2002 at 3:58 AM Post #3 of 7
Very, nice looking cable. How does it sound? Mind if I ask how much you paid?
cool.gif

Nov 22, 2002 at 5:17 AM Post #5 of 7
That's a nice price. It would almost cost that much to build a 2 m RCA to mini BL-1 cable from parts.

Nov 22, 2002 at 5:26 AM Post #6 of 7
The BL-1 is a pretty good cable, but it's been relegated to soundcard -> Melos duties in my system since I got the Air Matrix. A bit on the bright side... I used the BL-1 to compare with the Bolder Cables Type 1 (discontinued) and Type 2 interconnects... you can find the review here.

Nov 22, 2002 at 3:03 PM Post #7 of 7
Quote:

Originally posted by DanG
The BL-1 is a pretty good cable, but it's been relegated to soundcard -> Melos duties in my system since I got the Air Matrix. A bit on the bright side... I used the BL-1 to compare with the Bolder Cables Type 1 (discontinued) and Type 2 interconnects... you can find the review here.

In terms of RCA to mini, the BL-1 is a much better cable than the one Kimber uses in their RCA to mini (I have both, the BL-1 cable is self-made). If you use an RCA to mini adapter, then you open the door to RCA to RCA interconnects. Even then, you're going to have trouble beating the BL-1 for $75 when you're looking for a two meter pair.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back