DH imaging won against 6.1 system
Dec 10, 2004 at 5:23 AM Thread Starter Post #1 of 10

sfxjames

100+ Head-Fier
WOW! I CAN'T BELIEVE IT FOLKS!

I was about to do comparison with DH in terms of front back imaging and now
I am unable to do the comparison with DH vs Home Theater, because the headphone seems to disagree with my home theater! DH has just communicated to my ears that my rear speaker imaging is imbalanced much like John Medeiros system.

I think might just stick with DH and take back my 6.1 receiver.

I can't believe it DH has actually convinced me to pack up my set-up.

WOW!!!

Dec 10, 2004 at 5:48 AM Post #4 of 10
Thank you on behalf on all non-psychic members
tongue.gif

Dec 10, 2004 at 5:52 AM Post #5 of 10
Setting up speakers is a hard thing to do so I'm not surprised if multichannel virtualization with headphones yields better results in some way. But the monstrous bass just isn't there.

Dec 10, 2004 at 5:55 AM Post #6 of 10
The monstrous bass is really cool when watching action movies. XD

Dec 10, 2004 at 6:10 AM Post #7 of 10
Also no matter how good the headphone that I've heard it just doesn't have the weight of a speaker setup. By weight I mean the sound just isn't as heavy, it doesn't hit your body (and I don't mean just the bass). With music this isn't that big of a deal for the most part, but with movies I find it essential.

--Illah

Dec 10, 2004 at 6:24 AM Post #8 of 10
The front and back imaging and deep bass is a trade off but Dolby Headphone is so much more clearer, it's incredible how close they come, but rear imaging is off, and it's starting rear it's ugly off-center head. Also yes base sounds cool, but there was scene that actually still competed with my system to sound better with DH. Sorry I didn't clarify myself when I said DH I just assumed everyone knew about it by now.

I'm tried to decide on what wired headphones to get with my DH Pioneer SE-DIR800C system, CD3ks, A900s, DCL3000 or DIR1000 wireless headphones.

Dec 10, 2004 at 9:24 AM Post #9 of 10
Quote:

Originally Posted by Illah
Also no matter how good the headphone that I've heard it just doesn't have the weight of a speaker setup. By weight I mean the sound just isn't as heavy, it doesn't hit your body (and I don't mean just the bass). With music this isn't that big of a deal for the most part, but with movies I find it essential.

--Illah

Same here but I guess getting the sq of a good processor/headphones for similar money would be hard with speakers, so if sq for the money was the main concern maybe dh would be ok. However I wouldn't get it for the lack of feeling as you say, and also because I haven't been pleased with commercial hrtf systems or surround simulations 99% of the time, they just muck up the sound and the longer you listen the more fake they sound. The only surround processor I'd buy to try for movies would be the akg hearo 999 processor and headphones. IMO it should give much better sq and surround effects than any DH processor, that have no adjustability for the main variable of surround sound perception, your ears.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back