DEVA Pro with Bluemini R2R--Combining the Best of the HIFIMAN Latest Developments
Nov 11, 2021 at 10:09 AM Post #76 of 345
The need more power than the Focal Clear Mg or the HD8XX to sound as loud.
I'm not surprised by that with the sensitivity of the Mg being 104dB/mW. HiFiMan hides their units from us, but sitting at 93.5dB is very low (even if it's /mW). I was commenting on this earlier with comparisons to the Ananda which should be just as hard to drive as the Mg. I can't seem to find the number for the HD8XX, but it looks like the 800S is around 100 dB/mW.

Nov 12, 2021 at 4:18 PM Post #78 of 345
Didn't mention about nasty as bad quality.
I mean that I get a serious volume limit compared to the Bluetooth.
In Bluetooth mode it can blow my ears, in USB mode it barely gets loud.
It is the same issue as with the Ananda BT that was never addressed although people kept complaining about it.

So with you Samsung in cable connection does it get as loud as in Bluetooth mode?
Hiya, sorry for the misunderstanding. Yes I don't get very high volume in OTG. But it's enough

Nov 12, 2021 at 4:21 PM Post #79 of 345
Hiya, sorry for the misunderstanding. Yes I don't get very high volume in OTG. But it's enough
No problem.
It seems bugged like the previous one and the Ananda BT.
Suitable only for BT use due to the volume limitation.
For example I can get loud enough to listen to classical music.

Nov 18, 2021 at 11:13 AM Post #81 of 345
Hello guys. Wanted to tell you that I had to return my Deva Pros today sadly. It looks like mine had an issue with the Bluemini. In BT mode the sound cracked for a second or two when I pressed play, and then when I stopped playing they made a weird noise and then a pretty loud beep (tried with PC, phone and laptop, all with the same result). I also tried using the Bluemini in wired mode with my PC and laptop and experienced the same cracking noise in addition to loud static when nothing was playing. Non of these issues happen when in normal wired mode. Contacted Hifiman support and they told me non of this should be happening.

Has anyone else experienced something similar?

Last edited:
Nov 19, 2021 at 10:58 AM Post #82 of 345
While you heard about the favorite headphone of last week, Arya Stealth, HIFIMAN Electronics actually adapted the same technology for their Deva PRO Headphones as well, so today I try to bring a smile to your face with my in-depth written review about the Deva PRO, a headphone that combines the sound of the original Deva, but makes it better with an improved bass, and a much better Bluetooth R2R adapter!

https://www.audiophile-heaven.com/2021/11/hifiman-deva-pro-stealth-r2r-ldac-bass-fun.html

HIFIMAN-Deva-PRO-Bluetooth-R2R-Bluemini-Planar-Magnetic-Headphones-LDAC-Review-Audiophile-Heav...jpg

Nov 22, 2021 at 2:24 PM Post #83 of 345
I'm wondering, is anyone else noticing that the Bluemini R2R has very loud status tones and messages? It is ear-piercing on my unit. Does that happen to anyone else or is it just my unit that hates me?
Also: my unit started doing this weird "boop-boop" sound repetitively. There's nothing in the manual and I really can't understand what it wants, it's driving me nuts.

Last edited:
Nov 22, 2021 at 4:45 PM Post #84 of 345
I'm wondering, is anyone else noticing that the Bluemini R2R has very loud status tones and messages? It is ear-piercing on my unit. Does that happen to anyone else or is it just my unit that hates me?
Also: my unit started doing this weird "boop-boop" sound repetitively. There's nothing in the manual and I really can't understand what it wants, it's driving me nuts.

It is super loud, I always turn it on and wait for it to connect before putting on my headphones. I don't have the repetivie boop-boop sound though

Nov 22, 2021 at 5:21 PM Post #86 of 345

The status messages and tones are quite loud. I’d assume the boop-boop sounds are indicating low battery possibly?

Nov 22, 2021 at 5:23 PM Post #87 of 345
The status messages and tones are quite loud. I’d assume the boop-boop sounds are indicating low battery possibly?
I thought the same, but it's never done that and I had only used the Bluemini for a couple of hours before it started doing it. I'll try with a different source just to be sure, but I think I'll ask HiFiMAN directly at this point.

(edited to fix poor grammar)

Last edited:
Nov 23, 2021 at 11:08 AM Post #88 of 345
I thought the same, but it's never done that and I had only used the Bluemini for a couple of hours before it started doing it. I'll try with a different source just to be sure, but I think I'll ask HiFiMAN directly at this point.

(edited to fix poor grammar)
Does your source device show battery info for BT devices? Some support it, some don’t. I know on my iPhone I can see the remaining (reported) battery left on the BlueMini. I don’t remember how much power my BlueMini came with from the factory, but not all batteries are charged to full before being shipped. A lot of instructions ask the user to charge the device before using for this reason.

A quick test would have been to charge it overnight and see if the sound came back.

Nov 23, 2021 at 12:50 PM Post #89 of 345
Anyone else with the volume limitation when connecting the blue mini with the cable?

Volume seems fine connecting over USB-C with my Windows 10 PC, what's your source?

Users who are viewing this thread

Back