DEVA Pro with Bluemini R2R--Combining the Best of the HIFIMAN Latest Developments
Sep 23, 2021 at 5:36 AM Thread Starter Post #1 of 345
We are very glad to introduce the all-new DEVA Pro with the Bluemini R2R! The new DEVA Pro (SRP: $329) picks up where its predecessor left off, offering full-range, audiophile-grade sonics, whether listening via wired or via Bluetooth. The new model builds on the value of the original by incorporating two recent HIFIMAN developments --Stealth Magnet technology and the Himalaya R2R DAC (digital to analog) architecture.
INS-2021-09-23-Deva pro-1.jpg

Stealth Magnets feature a unique shape that enables waves to pass between the magnets without generating interference. Sonics are detailed and transparent, exposing every detail of the recording. Benefiting from the Stealth Magnets design, the Deva Pro enhances body, clarifying imaging and further improving the soundstage.
INS-2021-09-10-隐形磁体.jpg

Packaged with the DEVA Pro is an update to the original Bluemini that enhances detail and overall performance through the company’s HIMALAYA DAC, which features the R2R architecture. A chip composed of an array of resistors with a new algorithm reduces power handling between the chip and peripheral components. As a result, signal-to-noise ratio, total harmonic distortion, and energy consumption are at their most efficient and cost-effective.
INS-2021-09-23-Deva pro-2(1).jpg

Different from DEVA, the DEVA Pro has dual-sided 3.5mm sockets on the earcups, which means that the headphones would be compatible with a dual-sided 3.5mm TRS cable. In addition, the socket on the left eacup is designed to be compatible with the Bluemini R2R or a single 3.5mm TRRS cable.
QQ图片20210923143704.jpg

Specifications:
Frequency Response: 20Hz-20KHz
Impedance: 18Ω
Sensitivity: 93.5dB
Weight: 360g

The DEVA Pro will be available in October 2021. You can find them from our authorized dealers or our official online store.
https://hifiman.com/dealers
https://store.hifiman.com/

HiFiMAN Innovating the art of listening. Stay updated on HiFiMAN at their sponsor profile on Head-Fi.

http://hifiman.com
Sep 23, 2021 at 10:32 AM Post #3 of 345
I dig the more serious look of this colorway over the regular Deva, but the biggest upgrade is the dual entry capability, this makes balanced cables a lot easier to source, particularly if one already has some as many of us do, compatible with this set. And the R2R BlueMini is intriguing!

Sep 23, 2021 at 12:03 PM Post #4 of 345
Is this new R2R BlueMini going to be able to be purchased separately. I ask because I have the HE-R10P and it would be cool to upgrade the current BlueMini I am using (if the new one is compatible with the R10p that is)

Sep 24, 2021 at 12:51 AM Post #5 of 345
I dig the more serious look of this colorway over the regular Deva, but the biggest upgrade is the dual entry capability, this makes balanced cables a lot easier to source, particularly if one already has some as many of us do, compatible with this set. And the R2R BlueMini is intriguing!
I actually really liked the brown and silver combo of the OG Deva, was a little less contrasty on the eyes. Though the new black will probably be easier to match when it comes to third party pads and stuff.

Sep 24, 2021 at 8:22 AM Post #7 of 345
Is the build quality exactly the same as the og Deva? Or can we expect a more premium build?
I’d wager it’s the same - after all, it only costs $30 more and the upgraded features alone are worth that: dual entry capable, R2R BlueMini.

Sep 27, 2021 at 11:40 PM Post #11 of 345
I have a pair of Devas and love the headphones themselves, but the bluemini II's build quality was garbage and I wonder if the new one will be any different. Mine broke with a 4 inch fall onto my desk and customer support considered that enough to void the warranty.
Yeah, a drop of any sort is normally enough to deny warranty coverage unfortunately. A 4 inch fall does seem a little low, but I could see it possibly affecting the 2.5mm connector itself if if landed correctly.

Sep 28, 2021 at 12:08 AM Post #12 of 345
Yeah, a drop of any sort is normally enough to deny warranty coverage unfortunately. A 4 inch fall does seem a little low, but I could see it possibly affecting the 2.5mm connector itself if if landed correctly.
Mystery solved. Cracked it open, and there was a board attached by a jumper and secured with literally nothing else (hello, screws?) that had become disconnected and caused this issue. I sure hope they fix that on this new version...

Oct 7, 2021 at 8:27 PM Post #15 of 345
Just got the Deva Pro, gave it a 15min listen with the r2r module and it went to the burn-in process.

Very, very initial impression - blown away. Having this kind of sound via bluetooth is ridiculous. As for now I could say that they still have that OG Deva timbre - smooth and relaxed, but more refined and detailed, by quite a margin.

More on that later.

IMG_20211007_214509.jpg

Users who are viewing this thread

Back