Detroit Meeting Was Extremely Fun / Informative! With Pictures!
Dec 6, 2001 at 7:49 PM Post #31 of 56
Son of a pup, I can't believe I missed this event! I would have really like to have met all the Head-Fi clowns and test driven all of that equipment. Great pictures guys. If you have any more, please post them.

Dec 10, 2001 at 2:35 AM Post #32 of 56
I would still love to hear more thoughts from the people who attended!!!!
biggrin.gif

Dec 10, 2001 at 2:57 AM Post #33 of 56
Gosh, does anything ever happen closer to Denver?

I'm drooling over that rack!! Now *that's* my ideal portable setup!!

Dec 10, 2001 at 4:56 AM Post #34 of 56
sorry guys...i have finals now...promise i'll post lots of impressions as soon as i'm through. i don't want to write up something incomplete now, so you'll just have to wait.
smily_headphones1.gif

Dec 20, 2001 at 10:54 PM Post #38 of 56
Most of the video gets a
biggrin.gif
, except for Tyll trying to fly. That gets a
eek.gif
! Very well done, though. Maybe this link should get posted on the main page?

Dec 20, 2001 at 11:20 PM Post #41 of 56
I just wish Joe would have put little labeled arrows pointing to people, so I'd know who was who. (Tyll and Jude are obvious, but who did Jude switch headphones with in the beginning? Who's the guy in the Michigan shirt talking about some kind of upgrade? You get the idea...)

edit: Ok, I've gone through the posted pics and descriptions, and removed the questions I managed to answer myself...

Dec 21, 2001 at 12:04 AM Post #42 of 56
Quote:

Originally posted by eric343
I just wish Joe would have put little labeled arrows pointing to people, so I'd know who was who. (Tyll and Jude are obvious, but was that Danny or Todd talking about a reference module? Who did Jude switch headphones with in the beginning? Who's the guy in the Michigan shirt talking about some kind of upgrade? And who the heck was the person of a female persuasion? You get the idea...)

Switching headphones with me at the beginning is MooGoesTheCow. At the very beginning of that clip, before Joe zooms in, to the right is standing babykenny.

Danny is talking about the reference module. Tyll is in the Hawaiian shirt.

Jack is wearing a vest over a t-shirt, sitting at the table. The guy in the leather jacket with the scarf sitting next to Tyll at the table is John, a local friend who's into headphones.

The guy in the University of Michigan sweatshirt is krell1.

The guy kneeling down swapping connections on the portable rig is kkca.

The guy behind the rack (with Danny working on something) is scottpaul_iu. In front, listening to the Grado RS-1 is babykenny, my wife Becky on the Orpheus, and kkca with the MDR-CD3000's.

I believe Joe has more footage that he may put together.

Dec 21, 2001 at 5:45 AM Post #44 of 56
That was the biggest obtuse waste of bandwidth I've ever wallowed in. THANKS, Joe!!!

Dec 21, 2001 at 5:58 AM Post #45 of 56
hey, is that movie no longer available? I clicked on the link and got a blank page with a red x in the upper left hand corner. whassup wit dat? I've got every media player known to man...

Users who are viewing this thread

Back