Detroit - Ann Arbor meet. Let's make it happen... Again!
Dec 26, 2011 at 12:36 AM Post #32 of 197

Quote:
Hello,

New guy here that's excited to finally audition some good cans.  I hope someone brings an hd650, hd800, and lcd-2.

See ya,
Chris

I've seen these types of cans every year so you should be in luck. 

If I come I'll bring my Denon AH-D7000 along with my recent edition the HD-600 (which I think sound better than the HD-650 and HD-800 IMO).

Dec 26, 2011 at 7:10 PM Post #34 of 197
We need to firm up a date - the 21'st is only like 4 weeks away....  If I can make it, I'll be bringing a lot of the same stuff I had last year -

Zero DAC/Amp
Darkvoice 332
DT770 Pro 80ohm
HD650 (ordering them tomorrow!  Yay!)
FiiO E7 w/ L9 dock cable (ordering tomorrow)
iPad 2 w/ some tunes
MacBook Pro Late 08 w/ some other FLAC tunes

Friend of mine will probably bring his FiiO E7 and ATH-A700's.  Not sure about what else yet...but lets get this date firmed up!

Dec 28, 2011 at 12:04 PM Post #35 of 197
I'd love to come if I can make the date - I'm in town for the 7th and for the 14th, but I'm leaving the 16th back for Brooklyn.  Could bring LCD-2s, K1000s, some cool cablestuffs and maybe even a super-secret prototype amp I'm working on :)

Dec 30, 2011 at 1:00 AM Post #36 of 197
I'd love to go, and I will bring a friend too! But I'm only in the country from the 11th to the 25th of January. Can bring a DAC1, Lyr, K-240DF, and DT-48e. Prefer to meet in A2 at the same place as last year, cause it's just 2 mins from my house. But Detroit would be OK too.

Dec 30, 2011 at 4:46 PM Post #37 of 197
So, wait, did kibble fat PM me without any confirmation about whether anyone actually wanted to host it?

>_<....

Have Walter and/or Jude even seen this thread?

Does anyone else wish to host it?

Dec 30, 2011 at 5:41 PM Post #38 of 197
That's the whole premise of this thread!

My parents have agreed to host the event at their house in Huntington Woods, MI if we can't get a location closer to AA (it's ~1mi west of 10mile and Woodward).

If you guys are ok with that, we can set the date to the **21st** now... or we can hold out for an Ann Arbor location -- your choice 
wink.gif

The usable space is roughly 400 sq ft

Dec 30, 2011 at 10:53 PM Post #39 of 197

Quote:
That's the whole premise of this thread!

My parents have agreed to host the event at their house in Huntington Woods, MI if we can't get a location closer to AA (it's ~1mi west of 10mile and Woodward).

If you guys are ok with that, we can set the date to the 24th now... or we can hold out for an Ann Arbor location -- your choice 
wink.gif

The usable space is roughly 400 sq ft

Do you mean 21st?

Dec 30, 2011 at 11:41 PM Post #40 of 197
hey do you any of you local guys have the Emmeline Hornet by Ray Samuels?  If so can I demo it?  I'm looking to buy one for my HD600s while on the road.  Any opinions of it?  I want something small I can slip into my pocket that has enough juice to power them.

Dec 31, 2011 at 3:11 AM Post #42 of 197

Quote:
hey do you any of you local guys have the Emmeline Hornet by Ray Samuels?  If so can I demo it?  I'm looking to buy one for my HD600s while on the road.  Any opinions of it?  I want something small I can slip into my pocket that has enough juice to power them.

I'll be bringing my iBasso PB1 - dunno if that's small enough for you but I think you'll love how well it works with the HD 600.  I have a Hirose-terminated cable with it, of course, to get balanced operation and the full voltage swing.

Jan 1, 2012 at 7:48 PM Post #43 of 197
Hey Nullstring, this is Walter and I have posted that I will be able to make it out. As far as a place to hold it Jose (MusicMan59) was looking in to a place in Canton that seem promising.... I have not talked to Jude but if he could help I would think he would have said something by now, my guess is he is really busy right now. I don't know if I can help find a place to hold it this year... I can ask around but that's about it, I will post if I find something. In the mean time anyone with any idea PLEASE SPEAK UP! I want this to come together! 

Jan 4, 2012 at 8:50 PM Post #45 of 197
I hung out with Jude at his office for a bit tonight. He's going to be at CES next week and will return on the 14th thoroughly drained, so the following week will be strictly rest and catch-up for him.

The weekend of the 28th, he might be able to swing by a meet elsewhere (but of course won't be bringing his entire compliment of gear).

He says he really would like to host the meet, but wouldn't be able to do so until early February. So it sounds like if folks like the idea of letting the date slip into February, we have ourselves a host!

Also, Ray replied to my email saying that, weather permitting, he is down for it !

Users who are viewing this thread

Back